PDA

View Full Version : Bay Area SMCer's

Craig Colvin
09-05-2006, 3:50 AM
The Sawdust Shop is having an Open House and Demo Day this coming Saturday, September 9th. We are going to have hands-on demos for Festool, Kreg, beadLOCK, Trend, Incra, Miller Dowel. There will be demonstrations of wood turning, laser engraving, shaker box construction, intarsia, pen turning and much more.

We will also be demonstrating the SawStop Table Saw brake system 4 times throughout the day. If you haven't seen it in action it's worth seeing.

Details are available on our website (link in my profile).

Hopefully this post is OK here on SMC, since it is for a specific event. If not I apologize.

-- Craig

Chris Padilla
09-05-2006, 4:13 AM
Craig,

I'll see you there...I'll even donate a finger for the SawStop if you let me rip some boards on it! ;)

Craig Colvin
09-06-2006, 12:38 AM
I think we will stick with the hot dogs but you are welcome to rip boards anytime. Be sure to find me and introduce yourself.

Chris Padilla
09-09-2006, 6:00 PM
Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to let you all know that Craig runs a nice woodworking shop in Sunnyvale.

Since there is no Woodcraft store in the South Bay Area, I think Craig's shop does a decent job of fitting the need. Stop in some time at The Sawdust Shop and check out his very nice store.

If you haven't seen a SawStop in action...it is quite impressive!

Charles Wade
09-10-2006, 12:58 AM
I'm a very satisfied user of the Sawdust Shop. I have no affiliation with Craig or the Shop, but I used it for a couple of months early this year and found it terrific--new equipment, helpful and considerate employees, lots of advice when you need it. chuck