PDA

View Full Version : Outfeed table for TS3650

Jerry Bittner
09-04-2006, 11:08 PM
Been looking around for awhile for some ides for installing an out feed table for my Ridgid TS3650. And from my searches, I see where others are doing likewise.

So with some ideas from here or there, here’s the results of my efforts utilizing a couple of 2x4’s and a couple of pieces of Malimine. I used two 15” wide pieces and hinged them primarily because although there are times I will need the extra length, to conserve limited shop space, one of the 15” segments hangs down out of place.

Yeah so what’s the slots in the top for. One is to remove the Ridgid OEM splitter and the other is because on angled cuts, the greater the angle and compounded by the height of the blade, the motor raises/pivots upward. For a 45 degree cut at maximum cut, the top of the motor needs this hole.

Other than what’s shown, the setup is straightforward and works for me. .

Outfeed table – equal to width of cast iron wings X 15”, Oh yeah, the melamine is white, color affected by the fluorescent lighting.

Extended to full length - 30”

2 x 4’s bolted to saw case and the upper edge flush against the underside of the regular table. Cutout on the left 2x4 (viewed from rear) is to allow the motor to pivot upward when making angle cuts. Legs are on locking folding brackets

Not too familar with posting the pics, but hope they show.

Loren Hedahl
09-06-2006, 6:11 PM
Looks like you've really extended the usefulness of your saw (pun intended).

I have the earlier Ridgid model, which I think was really a rebranded Craftsman. I sort of wished I had waited, since the one like yours has the blade shroud that ends in a dust port, unlike mine that just spews sawdust wherever.

I was just wondering how well it collects, especially the real fine stuff that gives me alergy fits.

Mike Hill
09-06-2006, 7:12 PM
Jerry: I really like the idea of a fold out "outfeed table" and this one looks really great. I have one similar in size and absolutely could not do without it. Great job!
Mike