PDA

View Full Version : A Turning With a Touch of Love

Christopher K. Hartley
09-04-2006, 5:04 PM
I've been traveling and holding school for the last seven weeks now and have no time to do any turning and not much lurking either. A week ago Sunday as I was getting ready to leave on a trip. I awoke that morning to find my Golden Lab dead. She was only 5 years old and from the time she was a pup she made herself my dog. I left on my trip and all I could think of was her, wondering if she had suffered at all. With a long weekend this holiday, I decided to turn an urn for her cremated remains. I see things in it I want to rework but I just don't have the time now as I have another seven or so weeks of traveling and teaching in front of me. I wanted to give her a fitting rememberance.

Sweetgum; endgrain turned;9 1/2" high and 6" wide; BLO, Deft and waxed for finish.

Bernie Weishapl
09-04-2006, 5:13 PM
Chris sorry to hear about your dog. We just put ours down and it is hard. I told my wife I would never own another one. I think your Urn is a beautiful tribute to your dog. It is a beauty.

John Miliunas
09-04-2006, 5:19 PM
Chris, my heart goes out to you on your loss. It's never easy. BUT, you made it known to your pup that you made time when you didn't have any to create a wonderful place for her to rest and to remain with you forever. It looks beautiful and there's no reason to change anything on it. The main "form" is love and that's what counts! Well done, my friend!

Mark Pruitt
09-04-2006, 5:24 PM
Chris,

I am sorry to hear of your loss. Pets are family. I know you will miss her. It is an honor to be able to create such a beautiful vessel in which to place her cremains. Please know that I am thinking of you.

Mark

PS--and yes, I've been noticing your absence and wondering what was going on. Glad to hear you're just busy and look forward to seeing more of your work in the future.

Dennis Peacock
09-04-2006, 5:34 PM
Chris,

I'm very sorry to hear of the loss of you dog. It's never easy loosing a pet that you love and has served as a companion for so long. A very wonderful tribute for a pet that loved you as well.

Keith Burns
09-04-2006, 6:53 PM
Very sorry for your loss Chris. Making this urn, as strange as it sounds, will help bring you comfort. Nice job and a wonderful tribute.

Bob Noles
09-04-2006, 6:56 PM
Chris,

This is the 2nd time this week I have read on this forum of a "best friend" loss. It just breaks my heart and I know a little of the burden you carry at this time. Remain strong and allow father time to heal your wounds. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Best wishes..... Your urn is beautiful.

Corey Hallagan
09-04-2006, 7:48 PM
So sorry to hear about your pet. Like most people, they become so much more than pets. The urn is beautiful. We have missed yah around here Chris!

Corey

George Conklin
09-04-2006, 8:05 PM
I am so very sorry to here of your loss, Chris. I like dogs better than most people.

I had to put down our two year old Golden last year and thought I'd never recover.

The urn is beautiful. I hope you heal quickly.

Ernie Nyvall
09-05-2006, 9:57 PM
Sorry about you dog Chris. You have prepared a fitting sendoff. Nice job.

Cecil Arnold
09-05-2006, 11:38 PM
Good looking piece Chris, and a fitting tribute to a family friend who I know will be missed for some time to come.

Bruce Shiverdecker
09-05-2006, 11:50 PM
Chris, I'm not sure I would change anything. Your feelings for her glow in the effort. Just beautiful!

Bruce

Barry Stratton
09-06-2006, 12:12 AM
That is beautiful Christopher! A fitting piece for a best friend.