PDA

View Full Version : Crocodile Hunter Killed By A Stingray...

Keith Starosta
09-04-2006, 7:58 AM
I can't believe it........my 10 year old son is going to be crushed that one of his heros is gone.....

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,20349888-2,00.html

He was a crazy Aussie, but I (we) had a ton of respect for him and the conservation work he did.

God bless his family.....

- Keith

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
09-04-2006, 8:07 AM
That is really sad, but, at least he lived his life his way.

Godspeed!

Mike Cutler
09-04-2006, 8:30 AM
That is really sad, but, at least he lived his life his way.

Godspeed!

Amen Bro'

I always thought the guy was complete nutter, funny but nuts. He lived a life that few ever will.

Jim Young
09-04-2006, 9:10 AM
That's sad news. I really enjoyed the guy's material. I didn't realize that a stingray bard could project into your body like that.

Chris Rosenberger
09-04-2006, 9:14 AM
I was shocked when I heard the news. I was more shocked when I read the title of the segment he was workng on. “Ocean’s Deadliest”

Mark Rios
09-04-2006, 9:16 AM
I've been following this story since yesterday and I've got a wierd, yucky feeling all over. I've been a fan since he started on the Discovery Channel. What a loss to everyone on the planet, especially the animals.

He and Terri, his wife, had a storybook type first meeting and start of life. I'm not sure you could say that they had normal rest of their life :D but they certainly had a life that no one else had. How very, very sad for his wife and son a daughter.

What a very, very sad loss. :( :( :( :( :(

Jim Becker
09-04-2006, 11:16 AM
What a shame...he was a good fellow and a pleasure to watch.

Bruce Page
09-04-2006, 1:00 PM
I'm bummed. I really liked the guy.

Ken Alcott
09-04-2006, 3:10 PM
It saddened me when I heard it on the news this morning. I feel for his wife and two small children.

Their Dad did alot of great work to bring animal encounters into our homes that we may never have had an opportunity to even dream of ourselves.:(

Jim Hinze
09-04-2006, 4:44 PM
My whole family was extremely shocked by the news. We were all huge fans and over the years I've learned a lot from his show. As others have said, he led a life few ever will, and died doing what he loved most... few can say that.

RIP.....

Dennis Peacock
09-04-2006, 5:40 PM
Yea, I'm bummed as well as my whole family. We all liked watching him and the amazing things we all learned just from watching his shows. May he rest in peace.

skip coyne
09-04-2006, 6:28 PM
he always looked like somebody you could spend a great afternoon with over a few root beers .

with all the stuff wev'e seen him do it seems bizzare a stingray would do him in .

he will truly be missed

John Shuk
09-04-2006, 9:24 PM
Crikey! I can't beleive it. Poor little blighter.

Charles McKinley
09-04-2006, 9:59 PM
I really feel sorry for his kids. With some of the things he did I am suprised he lived this long.

Having kids really changed my outlook on thing even to what I'm willing to do for work.

Jim King
09-04-2006, 10:43 PM
I guess we are all taken back when one of the very few who are as big as life its self are taken down. A sad day for the family and many more.

Norman Hitt
09-04-2006, 11:44 PM
Very sad, for all concerned. I'm sure it will be extremely tough on his daughter at her age, more so than his son since he is younger. He was truly one of a kind.

Craig Feuerzeig
09-05-2006, 8:06 AM
Safety 1st.

2 kids.:(

John Shuk
09-05-2006, 8:37 PM
Safety 1st.

2 kids.:(

Since records of such things have been kept (1940s) 17 people have died from stingray inflicted wounds. Who would have thought that this would bring him down. What about the venomous snake wrangling and crocodile wrestling he does. Not to mention infection from minor wounds sustained in remote tropical locations. What are the chances?

Aaron Beaver
09-06-2006, 9:02 AM
That's such a sad thing. Just think of all the knowledge he would of passed on this his kids about animals as they got older.

Aaron Beaver
09-06-2006, 9:14 AM
double post

Dave Ray
09-06-2006, 6:01 PM
He lived life his way, along the way he made us all aware of the beauty and danger of the animals most of us will never see. He left us a legacy in his films and shows, so that even in death he can teach us. May he rest in peace, God bless his wife and children.

Ken Fitzgerald
09-06-2006, 6:11 PM
I think the one thing I'll remember about him was the joy he had about what he was doing. I'm sure he took what he did seriously but he never seemed to show it.........Just joy and happiness! May his family find peace!