PDA

View Full Version : Just ordered

don romans
09-03-2006, 11:58 PM
my new PM 3520B today. I have been looking forward to this moment for YEARS!

Brett Baldwin
09-04-2006, 1:47 AM
Congrats. I'm just starting out but I've read some good things about your future wood spinner. Be sure to post some pics with a healthy pile of shavings at the feet of your machine when it comes in.

Mark Rios
09-04-2006, 3:18 AM
(Just ordered) my new PM 3520B today. I have been looking forward to this moment for YEARS!

WOW, you're kinda easy to please there ain'tcha Don. You've been waitin' YEARS to tell us that you ordered yourself a lathe? :D :D :D :D :D

Just teasin' ya Don. Way to go. I went and checked out the manual for that monster and it's quite the lathe. You should be able to turn some big bowls and long legs with that thing. (Kinda sounds like my ex-girlfriend....big bowls and long legs:D ). The 2hp motor should put out the curlies very well.

Did you get the 18" bed extension to go along with it?

Congratulations on that great gloat.

John Shuk
09-04-2006, 7:42 AM
You are going to be a very happy guy.

George Conklin
09-04-2006, 9:17 AM
Way to go. Don. Welcome to "Club Mustard":cool: .

Mark Pruitt
09-04-2006, 9:25 AM
Man oh man......it's only Monday morning and you got me thinking Mustard already!!! Yup, that is one nice, nice looking lathe you got yourself--if that was sittin' in my shop I might never leave!:D Someday...maybe someday...;)

And, congrats on a fine gloat!

Mark

George Conklin
09-04-2006, 9:36 AM
Man oh man......it's only Monday morning and you got me thinking Mustard already!!! Yup, that is one nice, nice looking lathe you got yourself--if that was sittin' in my shop I might never leave!:D Someday...maybe someday...;)

And, congrats on a fine gloat!

Mark

C' mon, Mark. Do it. DO IT!:D

Mark Pruitt
09-04-2006, 9:41 AM
C' mon, Mark. Do it. DO IT!:D
George, do you specialize in giving wives reason to assault husbands?:eek: :p :p

....actually, I am tucking a little $$ away with each paycheck...;)

Jim Becker
09-04-2006, 11:10 AM
Nice!! Congratulations!

Ken Fitzgerald
09-04-2006, 11:30 AM
Congrats! I don't think you'll be disappointed based on Club Mustard members here at SMC!

Cecil Arnold
09-04-2006, 11:35 AM
Welcome to the mustard club, you're going to love it.

don romans
09-04-2006, 12:08 PM
WOW, you're kinda easy to please there ain'tcha Don. You've been waitin' YEARS to tell us that you ordered yourself a lathe? :D :D :D :D :D

Just teasin' ya Don. Way to go. I went and checked out the manual for that monster and it's quite the lathe. You should be able to turn some big bowls and long legs with that thing. (Kinda sounds like my ex-girlfriend....big bowls and long legs:D ). The 2hp motor should put out the curlies very well.

Did you get the 18" bed extension to go along with it?

Congratulations on that great gloat.

I'd like to get the extension, someday... I ended up spending enough money for now, almost $600 on turning tools and accessories :eek:.

Travis Stinson
09-04-2006, 12:31 PM
Congratulations!:cool:
You're going to love it. Welcome to the club.:D

Bob Noles
09-04-2006, 1:33 PM
A PM 3520B huh? Well I'm just not speaking to you anymore :p

Nice gloat and I know you can't wait to get it in the shop and spinning. Don't forget the pictures!

Dick Strauss
09-04-2006, 2:02 PM
Don,
I'm green with envy (actually gray with Delta)! I drive a 1440 and you get to drive the 3520B. You won't be disappointed! My buddy has a 3520A so I know first-hand how fantastic your machine is. I tell my buddy it is like going from driving a Honda Civic (Delta 1440) to a Lexus 450 (PM3520) because of the smoothness and power all in one.

If you are in the Toledo, Ohio area and need help with the setup, let me know. The headstock is a beast on that beauty and usually takes two people unless you've got a really strong back (not recommended)!

Congrats once again!!!!!!

Dick

don romans
09-04-2006, 3:42 PM
Don,
I'm green with envy (actually gray with Delta)! I drive a 1440 and you get to drive the 3520B. You won't be disappointed! My buddy has a 3520A so I know first-hand how fantastic your machine is. I tell my buddy it is like going from driving a Honda Civic (Delta 1440) to a Lexus 450 (PM3520) because of the smoothness and power all in one.

If you are in the Toledo, Ohio area and need help with the setup, let me know. The headstock is a beast on that beauty and usually takes two people unless you've got a really strong back (not recommended)!

Congrats once again!!!!!!

Dick I was actually in the market for a Jet 1642, almost bought it. My wife decided to accompany me to the woodworking show in Ontario, CA. As I was showing her the Jet she noticed me eying the PM next to it. What's the difference between the two, she inquired. Just look at it and turn the handles, see how smooth and nice the finish is, not to mention the mass of the thing... Which one do you REALLY want was her next question. The PM, I blurted out. Well then, that is the one we save up for! Six months later, done deal!
:D

Pete Jordan
09-04-2006, 6:17 PM
Congrats Don!

Make sure you get help putting the legs on. My neighbor brought his engine hoist over to help me. You are going to love it!

Dick Strauss
09-04-2006, 10:48 PM
Don,
I'm not familiar with the Jet 1642 but I'm sure you won't be disappointed with the mustard. Your wife is definitely a keeper in my book!

It's a small world...I used to live in your neck of the woods. Post your location in your profile and you may be able to get some volunteers to help with the setup. You might also be able to visit other SMC'ers shops to take a few lessons if needed. I'd also like to recommend that you look for a local club. You might want to try the Inland Woodturners that meet in Riverside. I know it is a bit of a drive but it will probably be worth the trip.

http://www.inlandwoodturners.org/

Best of luck,
Dick

don romans
09-04-2006, 11:38 PM
Don,
I'm not familiar with the Jet 1642 but I'm sure you won't be disappointed with the mustard. Your wife is definitely a keeper in my book!

It's a small world...I used to live in your neck of the woods. Post your location in your profile and you may be able to get some volunteers to help with the setup. You might also be able to visit other SMC'ers shops to take a few lessons if needed. I'd also like to recommend that you look for a local club. You might want to try the Inland Woodturners that meet in Riverside. I know it is a bit of a drive but it will probably be worth the trip.

http://www.inlandwoodturners.org/

Best of luck,
Dick

I am planning on joining the Central Coast Woodturners of California, sounds like a lot of fun! :cool:

Gary DeWitt
09-05-2006, 2:35 AM
Don - what city do you live in? I'm in Burbank, self-employed (time is my own) and may be interested in helping you out if you're within 100 miles or so...

don romans
09-08-2006, 11:46 PM
Don - what city do you live in? I'm in Burbank, self-employed (time is my own) and may be interested in helping you out if you're within 100 miles or so...

I live in Morro Bay, 10 miles north of San Luis Obispo. For the next month or so I am working in Los Angeles (which is why I only have internet access on weekends). Would love to pick up some pointers, as I have not done any significant turning in 25 years..

Jim Bell
09-09-2006, 1:02 AM
Bought my 3520 3yrs ago. My wife came out to the shop , looked for a minute and asked , how much did that cost. I didn't hesitate. I told her about 25 trips to the beauty shop!:eek: She likes to sit in my studio and crochet while I turn. I really love my wife. Good luck w your PM. Looks like your wife loves you too.:)
Jim

Kent Cori
09-09-2006, 5:19 AM
I bought my 3520A when they were being discontinued as the B model was being introduced. You won't believe how much more enjoyable and productive your time turning will become. The rate at which I can spin new and innovative chunks of firewood has increased by ten fold. :eek:

It is without a doubt one of my best investments. Now if they could just come up with a different color! :D

Ernie Nyvall
09-09-2006, 7:40 AM
Congrats Don. It's a nice macine.

George Conklin
09-09-2006, 11:09 AM
Now if they could just come up with a different color! :D

:eek: :eek: :eek: BLASPHEMER!!!

:D ;) :)

Mark Rios
09-09-2006, 2:27 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: BLASPHEMER!!!

:D ;) :)