PDA

View Full Version : Memorial Box (Pics)

Richard Wolf
09-03-2006, 9:13 PM
A little over a month ago I posted in the Off Topic Forum about my dog, Bear, being very sick.
http://sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=40200

On Aug, 3 he passed away, peacefully in my arms. I must tell you, that was the saddest day of my life. There was only two good points, he didn't suffer, nor did I have to put him down, I'm really not sure that was even an option.

So to pay a last tribute to him, I had to build a box to hold his remains. A project that took a lot longer that it should have, but it was difficult to work on it.

Birds eye maple to match his color, ebony details to match his eyes and nose. The birds eyes are the tears which will never stop. The broken heart inlay is from rosewood.

Thank you to my friends that have given support.

Richard

Jim Becker
09-03-2006, 9:29 PM
Outstanding memorial box, Richard...a great tribute to your friend who will always be with you in spirit.

Bob Noles
09-03-2006, 9:38 PM
Richard,

A beautiful piece to remember your best friend by. I know it is hard right now, but continue to be strong and hopefully time will ease the pain.

Bryan Somers
09-03-2006, 9:41 PM
Richard

I must have missed your original post about Bear and would like to offer my condolances. Last Feb we lost a Black Lab named Oreo, thats her in my avatar. Our pets certinally have a way with working themselves into our hearts and becoming members of the family. That is a beautiful memorial to Bear.

I noticed Jim Odell wrote the Rainbow Bridge poem in your original post
Heres a link to the animated version.

http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html

May your memories of Bear allways be good ones my friend

Dave Malen
09-03-2006, 9:43 PM
Richard,
Very sorry to hear of your loss. The box is a beautiful memorial to your friend. I too lost my friend Sadie about six months ago . I also look back on that day as one of my saddest. I surely understand your grief.

Dave

Ken Fitzgerald
09-03-2006, 10:20 PM
Richard..........My condolences! You made a nice tribute to your canine friend!

Corey Hallagan
09-03-2006, 10:24 PM
Richard, I am sorry to hear about your Bear. The box is beautiful.

corey

Tony Falotico
09-03-2006, 10:25 PM
Richard, the box is beautiful, so is your description.

Tony

Glenn Clabo
09-04-2006, 5:13 PM
From one who has a 12 year old lab who's life is filled with a history of comfort...who is starting to need a boost into the vehicle for her favorite walk in the ocean...and won't come up stairs to sleep in her spot at the bottom of bed...I hope I can show her the same respect you have for Bear....

fred woltersdorf
09-04-2006, 5:37 PM
richard, sorry for your loss.this coming wednesday i bringing my 16 yr old beagle to the vet, for which i fear is her last visit.i'm pretty sure she has congestive heart failure, but she has had a good run.life goes on.fred

Jake Helmboldt
09-04-2006, 6:10 PM
Wow Richard, the thought you put into that is pretty amazing. Equally amazing is how attached we get to our non-human companions (sometimes more than the humans;) ). Truly beautiful.

Jake

lou sansone
09-04-2006, 8:37 PM
richard
great work for what seems to have been a great companion.

regards
lou

Gary Herrmann
09-04-2006, 10:54 PM
Richard, I had a Bear. He was a 6 yr old yellow lab. Lost him to liver cancer 3 years ago. I'm grateful to have had the six years with him. Yours looked like a sweet pup. Ever notice how retrievers never really lose the puppy thing?

You put together a beautiful tribute to your lost friend. My condolences.

Peter Pedisich
09-04-2006, 11:07 PM
Richard,

Beautiful job, and I'm sorry to hear of your loss.

Pete

John Miliunas
09-05-2006, 10:34 AM
Oh my, Richard! I'm sorry to have missed the original thread about Bear. Please, please accept my most heart-felt condolences.

Richard, that is probably the most wonderful memorial I've seen to date. I can only but imagine how hard it must have been to make. Not too certain i I'd have been able to do it myself. You're a better man than I and Bear deserved to have you as his companion.

tod evans
09-05-2006, 10:43 AM
sorry man.....tod

John Headley
09-05-2006, 10:47 AM
Sorry for the loss of your friend. The love you have for him shows in your work. Beautiful tribute.

Greg Ladd
09-05-2006, 9:06 PM
Richard,

As mentioned above, the memorial you have built for you beautiful Golden is amazing. I hope you are able to someday add a new pup to your family if you desire. Not as a replacement for Bear but rather as a way to give another Golden a chance to add joy to your life.

I dread the day when our beloved Golden passes away. She has been a truly wonderful, faithful member of our family.

Greg

Michael Pfau
09-05-2006, 9:13 PM
Richard, outstanding box, for your friend. I would bet Bear was in the shop alot as well, as you work. I would rather be with my dogs, then with alot of my friends most of the time. When you are ready, maybe you should go puppy shopping!! Regards, Michael