PDA

View Full Version : HuminaHuminahumina....excuse the drool..gloat

Forrest Price
09-03-2006, 4:37 PM
OK, so there we were sanding away at the latest airplane project getting ready for paint, when the neighbor rolls in and asks me if I could give him a hand. No problem says I. I walk over to his truck and there is this MONSTER laying in it. He says, "Figure you could use this more than me, so here you go."

I just about giggle with giddyness! Yelled for LOML to come over and take a look at what George brought us! Turns out, George (late 70's) has been tripping over this thing for eons. His wifes brother cut it off just 2 days before he was killed logging many many years ago, and she wouldn't ever get rid of it. He told us to enjoy it, and maybe make something for them from part of it to remember.

Measures 36" long 18" wide and about 11"deep. What a beauty. I know the pic doesn't do justice, and I tried a little MS on part to show the grain a bit better. This thing is nothing but swirls!:D

Martin Shupe
09-03-2006, 5:06 PM
I think your first order of business is to make a gift for the couple who gave this to you.

Very kind of them to do so, and I am sure they will appreciate whatever you decide to make.

Forrest Price
09-03-2006, 5:31 PM
I think your first order of business is to make a gift for the couple who gave this to you.

Very kind of them to do so, and I am sure they will appreciate whatever you decide to make.Definitely! Going to get at least an 18" out of it for them!

Jim Becker
09-03-2006, 7:01 PM
Sure is a big potato, Forrest...err...major drool there, my friend!