PDA

View Full Version : Glad to see the creek flowin' again!

Alan DuBoff
09-03-2006, 4:20 PM
Good to see the creek is back again.

Neander related: I think they had to reassemble it by hand! :cool:

Thanks to whoever did it.

Keith Outten
09-03-2006, 9:03 PM
Alan,

It's all about electrons flowing and datapackets and stuff. However it works it is nice to see them flowing again. We would like to thank the hard working Transmission and Distribution linemen and women for their efforts getting the electrons flowing to our home and shop again.

Randal Stevenson
09-04-2006, 1:28 AM
As they are reviewing/revising the terms of service, following some attention about the Neanderthal Haven, it is being dropped from the Creek.

All future postings will be made by parcel post, and will be mailed from one member to another, (hand written mind you, in pencil or pen and quill), and should be mailed back to the moderator, every three mailings. It should be mailed pony express, and the first one has been written and mailed via pony express (hired the postal carrier and armed him against indians, yesterday). Any and all questions about this, please send a letter to the moderator when the pony express comes around your area.

PS Does anyone have a pony? Ours died!:D

Alan DuBoff
09-04-2006, 5:11 AM
Alan,

It's all about electrons flowing and datapackets and stuff. However it works it is nice to see them flowing again. We would like to thank the hard working Transmission and Distribution linemen and women for their efforts getting the electrons flowing to our home and shop again.Keith, I know very little about the creek, from the perspective of the IT side. There's been a couple problems and I wasn't sure if it was hardware related. I have no clue where your ISP is though. Is that in the TOS? I'll have to look around...I might have some ideas for hardware if your strap'd on that side.

Keith Outten
09-04-2006, 9:47 AM
Alan,

SMC is based in my workshop here in Eastern Virginia, Gloucester County to be exact. Our Internet Connection is provided by Cox Communications, our local cable company which provides us with a commercial business connection for our server.

We will soon be adding another server to The Creek and are always interested in hardware. Contact me or Aaron Koehl via PM and let us know what you have in mind.

Thanks,

Keith

Alan DuBoff
09-04-2006, 2:20 PM
I sent email, works better for me than PM.:p;)