PDA

View Full Version : Shop Vac control switch.

Chris Rosenberger
09-03-2006, 3:54 PM
The high end shop vacs I have used have built in outlet so you can plug in your power tool. When the power tool is powered up the vac auto turns on & when the tool is powered down the vac auto turns off after a short delay.
I am looking for a stand alone switch that does the same thing.
Can anyone help?

Chris

Bob Childress
09-03-2006, 4:14 PM
Here ya' go!!

Woodcraft. http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx?FamilyID=5855

Should solve the problem.:)

Mike Williams
09-03-2006, 4:16 PM
Chris - a quick Google search turned up a Craftsman Automatic Power Switch for $20. You'll see some references to this in various woodworking magazine articles.

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?cat=Power+Tool+Accessories&pid=00924031000&vertical=TOOL&subcat=Tool+Safety&BV_UseBVCookie=Yes

John Miliunas
09-03-2006, 4:23 PM
Chris, I've had two of the Sears units for a couple years now and they perform as advertised at a bargain price. Haven't tried out the WC unit, yet, though it does seem a bit more compact. At just a bit more than 1/2 the price, I'd probably go with the Sears unit. :) :cool:

Chris Rosenberger
09-03-2006, 5:33 PM
Thanks guys. You are too good.:)
I spent about 2 hours yesterday searching online & going through catalogs & could not find a thing.
But I did not think of searching for an I-Socket Vacuum Automator. :o
For the price, the Craftsman switch looks like the one.
Thanks agian.:)

Chris

Lee DeRaud
09-03-2006, 5:37 PM
Chris, I've had two of the Sears units for a couple years now and they perform as advertised at a bargain price. Haven't tried out the WC unit, yet, though it does seem a bit more compact. At just a bit more than 1/2 the price, I'd probably go with the Sears unit. :) :cool:John, what's the amp rating on that Sears unit?
(The WC appears to be 15A, if my eyes are working right.)

Bruce Benjamin
09-03-2006, 6:11 PM
Can't go wrong with the Craftsman unit. I've ran plenty of 15 amp tools through it for several years with no problems. The price is right and my local Sears aways has it in stock.

Bruce

John Miliunas
09-03-2006, 6:15 PM
John, what's the amp rating on that Sears unit?
(The WC appears to be 15A, if my eyes are working right.)

Lee, I just physically went over and checked the Sears unit; Clearly stamped at 15A. :) :cool:

Lee DeRaud
09-03-2006, 6:29 PM
Lee, I just physically went over and checked the Sears unit; Clearly stamped at 15A. :) :cool:Sounds like we have a winner. :cool: