PDA

View Full Version : Ridgid TS3560 Gloat....

Lon LeBlanc
09-01-2006, 1:05 AM
I fell into the Home Depot in Hemet, CA this morning, and that particular store/district is offering a very special deal. If you sign up for their commercial credit card account, you get 50% off, up to $200 off of select (mostly Ridgid tools). I had already decided that the TS3560 would be my new TS and jumped at this opportunity. The $549 saw, suddenly became $349.:D Might also want to check with the HD store in your area. There's a new TS3650 sitting in the stepdaughter's garage tonight, waiting for my new garage/workshop to be done. Just thought you might like to know, if you are in the Hemet area.

Lon

Don Baer
09-01-2006, 1:09 AM
Lon,
Congrats on the saw but sorry to burst your bubble but at SMC with out a picture a gloat doesn't exisist'':D

rocky brown
09-01-2006, 1:54 AM
congratulations on the new saw!

i've had mine for 4 days now and i couldn't be happier. i went from a ryobi bt3100 that i had to adjust constantly, to a delta ts300 that was deafening, to my new ts3650. i ordered a freud lu88 saw blade from amazon that's supposed to be here tomorrow... i almost feel like a kid at christmas!

rocky

Lon LeBlanc
09-03-2006, 3:17 PM
Lon,
Congrats on the saw but sorry to burst your bubble but at SMC with out a picture a gloat doesn't exisist'':D

Don,

Think I'l drive by my stepdaugther's house today and get a picture of her garage! :p

Lon

Corey Hallagan
09-03-2006, 3:19 PM
Congrats! That saw has a decent reputation. Enjoy it. I have heard that HD is no longer going to display the larger tools like full sized table saws, band saws, jointers etc. Still selling them just not displaying.

Corey

Ned Bulken
09-03-2006, 3:30 PM
if the stock blade on the 3650 is anything like the one on my 3612 don't sell it short just yet, give it a try, you might be pleasantly surprised by how well it peforms/ Congratulations!

Alan DuBoff
09-03-2006, 3:44 PM
I have a Ridgid 3612, which I bought used. A great little saw, the model prior to the 3650.

While I recentely acquired a 5HP 16" direct drive vintage Yates-American, the Ridgid 3612 was a great little saw for me, and until I get the YA going it's the saw I still use.

My 3612 calibrates very accurately, extremely well for such an inexpensive saw.

As for blades, I've used a Forrest WWII on mine, a Leitz Pro z24 (what I currently use most of the time), Porter Cable something or other (given to me from the seller when I bought the saw), and a crosscut blade for plywood. I don't have any craving to work with plywood, so that blade has seen very little use. I have another new blade I haven't used on it for melamine, it's a Leitz which I haven't used as I haven't cut any melamine since getting it. The Leitz blades were bought inexpensively, hence why I have a ply/melamine blade.

All cut well, but the saw is not powerful enough to be cutting 8/4 material all day long, unless you're really patient. This doesn't distract from the quality of the saw, IMO, any 1 1/2 HP - 2 HP saw will be similar.

I've cut quite a bit of hard maple, hickory, and purple heart on my 3612, it just keeps tickin' and takes a lickin'...although I don't have much experience with the 3650, it has won several choice awards and seems very similar. It is also a very popular saw, mostly because people can buy local, so shipping is a big savings on one of these units. At $349, it's a fabulous saw at an incredible price.

Ken Fitzgerald
09-03-2006, 4:09 PM
The LOML bought me a TS3650 2 years ago when they first came out. She paid a whole lot more than $349! For the money...it's a good saw!

Lon LeBlanc
09-07-2006, 2:47 PM
Congrats! That saw has a decent reputation. Enjoy it. I have heard that HD is no longer going to display the larger tools like full sized table saws, band saws, jointers etc. Still selling them just not displaying.

Corey

Corey,

I think you're right. At the three HDs in San Bernardino, not one of them had the 3650 on display. I just happened to be in Hemet, which is about 50 miles away, and there it was. At the price, I just couldn't pass it up. Should last me for many years....or at least until I'm too old to use it. At age 60, it will outlast me. :eek:

Lon

Julio Navarro
09-07-2006, 3:32 PM
for years I had my sights and dreams set on that ridgid 3650, now, since seeing the Sawstop..well, lets just say I have different dreams now.

Congrats on your purchase and at a great price!!

Vaughn McMillan
09-07-2006, 4:56 PM
Excellent choice, great price. You'll be happy with...I am with mine.

Aaron Frank
09-08-2006, 10:26 AM
Lon,

How did you find out about this deal? Just stumble upon it? I've got a $200 gift card at home and with this deal (if they'd honor it here ein the DC area) would make the saw only ~$160 plus tax. Not bad!:rolleyes:

Enjoy the saw
Aaron

Lou Morrissette
09-08-2006, 10:13 PM
Lon,
Congrats on a good deal. I've had my 3650 for 2 years now and it has been great. Good luck with it.

Lou

Lon LeBlanc
09-09-2006, 9:45 AM
Lon,

How did you find out about this deal? Just stumble upon it? I've got a $200 gift card at home and with this deal (if they'd honor it here ein the DC area) would make the saw only ~$160 plus tax. Not bad!:rolleyes:

Enjoy the saw
Aaron

Aaron,

I spoke to the HD Credit Manager out here, and he told me it was a "District promotion", not necessarily nationwide. Can't answer about the DC area. The promotion is not going on in San Bernardino, for instance, TTBOMK.

After reading the FWW review on the 3650, (June/July 2005) I knew it would be a good choice, in my price range, but the HDs nearby didn't have any on display. So, I just stumbled (....do we ever "stumble" into a tool depot?) into the HD in Hemet....about 50 miles further down the road, just to see if they had one set up, and they had a rather tattered "50% off up to $200 off" sign on it, and all the other Ridgid tools. Any one Ridgid tool could be had for 50% max/$200 off just for signing up for their commercial credit card. Who could resist? I won't have the shop completed until early next year, so the saw resides in my stepdaughter's garage right now. But, I'm quite pleased with the price. Just missed getting a Grizzley Z-series, 6" jointer, new in 2002, used only once or twice, for $200 through Craigslist. I'm trying hard to get a shop together without breaking the bank, so I do a lot of searching and looking. Good luck on negotiations with HD.

Lon