PDA

View Full Version : Galoot Get Together

harry strasil
09-01-2006, 12:14 AM
Roger Nixon and I are planning a Galoot Getogether on October 7th at the Heritage Museum wood shop in Hiawatha, Ks. Any Neanders that want to come and join us you will be welcome. Its in conjunction with Hiawathas Annual Heritage Day Celebration and I will have my Portable Demo Wood Shop set up there. Its from 9AM till 4 PM Bring what ever tools you want or just yourself and we can spit and wittle the day away talking hand tools. Bring a lawn chair.

90 miles north of KC,Mo and 70 miles north of Topeka, Ks

Dave Anderson NH
09-04-2006, 8:03 AM
No Fair, No fair. How about you guys see if you can move Kansas about 1500 miles further east.:D

For the rest of you Creekers, if you're within a 6-8 hour drive I'd make every effort to get there.

Charles McKinley
09-04-2006, 10:11 PM
Hey Dave,

They have 'em great big alooominium things called planes that can get ya there quick.

Just don't try to get on board with a collection of your marking knives. :D

One of these days I'll have time and money to get ot things like tis but it seems like it is one or the other for now.

harry strasil
09-23-2006, 1:20 PM
just a reminder its only two weeks away now.

harry strasil
10-08-2006, 1:13 PM
I gave Roger complete access to my tools after we had set things up in the woodshop, he needed just a tad of help with some things he had never used before. But like any kid turned loose in a Toy Shop, Roger had a ball I think. He had a real determined look on his face when playing with new things. LOL

I went off and forgot my camera, but Roger had his and I borrowed it to catch him in the act several times. LOL

Thanks for an enjoyable day Roger.

I didn't forget my chair tho, but I did prove an old adage tho, "Work fascinates me, I can set and watch it for hours."