PDA

View Full Version : shaving brush

Kenneth Hertzog
08-31-2006, 10:18 PM
these are a few shaving brushes
left ones are acrylic and the lone one on the right is Oak
I had to try one for myself and the oak one was it
what does anyone think?
sorry the pic didn't come thru can't seem to find directions on posting pictures
still trying to get the picture to upload just spent 2 hrs on it and still won't go

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=46042&d=1157328118

Art Mulder
09-01-2006, 7:12 AM
I can't get your link to work... I tried helping out, but the SMC server tells me that your attachment ID is invalid.

Claude Arragon
09-03-2006, 3:45 PM
Did you shave your shaving brush? We can't see it:)

Kenneth Hertzog
09-03-2006, 9:42 PM
I think I got it but don't ask me how
there are just some things I quit questioning
what does anyone think of these now that they can see them
the one on the right ( OAK ) is the one that I use

thank you for your opinions

ken
slippery rock, pa

Brett Baldwin
09-04-2006, 1:32 AM
For some reason, my perceptioin shifted as I was looking at them and suddenly I was thinking of four well groomed guys and the shaggy haired guy on the end.:D Yet another thing that lends itself to a nice turning.

Gary DeWitt
09-05-2006, 3:42 AM
Nice looking brushes, yet another utilitarian thing to turn that I hadn't thought of. Are they made from a kit? Where did you get the acrylic blanks that size?

Jim Dunn
09-05-2006, 6:38 AM
Looks line a line up pf sorts. "Yeah officer it was that guy on the right with the bad hair":) Real nice brushes all together though.

Kenneth Hertzog
09-05-2006, 8:41 AM
Gary
The brush came from aftosa.com and the acrylic, which PSI use to carry, came in 2 inch square blocks 6 inchs long. the acrylic is no longer available.
really not a kit of sort.
ken

John Hart
09-05-2006, 1:16 PM
Oh man...those are cool Ken! Makes me think of all the other "brush-type" things that can be done.....you know, like a gift for your favorite archaeologist or somethin'.;)

Ernie Nyvall
09-05-2006, 10:07 PM
Cery cool Kenneth. They look great.

Frank Kobilsek
09-06-2006, 9:02 AM
Kenneth,
The price of $12.50 per dozen at Aftos is very inexpensive for the brush. I've seen fancy badger hair brushes as much as $30 just for one brush. Is the brush a natural or synthetic product?

I made a segmented shaving cup I use every day almost two years ago. Folks told me it would never last, that the moisture would have it in pieces in a matter of weeks but with about 10 coats each of oil and poly its holding up quite well. I need to turn a matching brush.

Frank

Kenneth Hertzog
09-06-2006, 9:34 AM
Frank
if you want just one brush send me a PM I will send you one. that is if you don't want to buy a dozen. I bought 2 dozen.
ken
slippery rock, pa