PDA

View Full Version : 20" bandsaw in Dallas Area

Wayne Ashing
08-31-2006, 3:44 PM
found an ad for 20' comercial band saw on craigs list over in the Garage sale section $175 obo and a comercial table saw $125 has pictures but I can't make out the name on the side. Listing for Aug 31 begins with "Corporate moving sale" Hope this helps one of the Creekers in the Dallas area. I don't live there yet (Ft.Worth area) but I am trying to get back there as quick as I can.

Alan DuBoff
08-31-2006, 4:01 PM
Bandsaw is a Rockwell, table saw is a Delta Unisaw. Both looks well worth the asking price.

Cory Newman
09-03-2006, 6:50 PM
Neither of them are still available;)

Alan DuBoff
09-03-2006, 7:08 PM
Cory,

Did you get the bandsaw? I saw pics of it on a truck, someone got it!;)

I saw that someone else picked up the unisaw over on owwm.

I'd have been on those like stink on you know what...excellent prices.

All it takes is one nice score to get hooked on old iron...kudos to whoever got those. They should clean up nicely, as most all of it does. At least they look like most parts are there.

Would be funny if you guys were able to take him down in price...<LOL!> Stranger things have happened!;-)

Cory Newman
09-03-2006, 7:16 PM
That was a different one you saw in the pics. These haven't been photographed yet. Both saws were in near mint condition, and I can say he didn't get what he was asking :p

My neighbor and I went in on them, he took the unisaw (I already have one) and I got the bandsaw. Both are 3 phase, but thats an easy fix.

I'll get some pics up tomorrow.

Alan DuBoff
09-03-2006, 9:38 PM
Cory,

Good for you guys! That sounds like some nice machines, how old is it?

I'm in the middle of wiring up 3 phase in my garage, it's much cheaper and practical if one decides they want older woodworking machines. Anything with a belt can be replaced with a single phase motor, which is what I assume you're doing.

I'd offer to buy the motor, but the shipping would be a deal breaker, some of the prices I've seen online to ship a motor are excessive, IMO, if you calculate by weight alone.

Lots of old rust in Texas, did it rain a lot this year or something?