PDA

View Full Version : Forum Etiquette - Please Read

Jim Becker
08-30-2006, 10:12 PM
Folks...

I don't know if it's a full moon or if there is something in the water, but there has been a lot of sniping, rudeness and other behavior in a variety of threads lately that is just plain unacceptable. And it's coming from both new folks and long-time members. A good part of it revolves around "discussion" of certain manufacturers.

SMC is a sharing community. Discuss. Ponder. Question. Debate, even. Post pictures...you know folks like that a lot. But PLEASE consider your words and actions more carefully. We have members of both genders and also members who are under 18. Be a good example.

If you have a problem with a post, click on the red and white triangle at the top, right hand corner of the post. That sends an email to all of moderators that have responsibility for that particular forum. Let us deal with it. If you suspect there is an issue with someone's identity or motivation, do the same. Let us deal with it.

I think I am speaking clearly and succinctly when I say that the moderators and administrators of SMC really, really, really hate to delete or edit posts/threads. We'd much rather be discussing woodworking. Please help us avoid that by acting like the community SMC was founded to be.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Jim