PDA

View Full Version : Shop Tour Video

Jason Christenson
08-30-2006, 5:59 PM
I finally got around to shooting my shop tour. Sorry about the shaky commentary, it seemed no matter how many times I did this, I still sounded nervous.

Anyway, take a look.

Comments more than welcome.

Thanks.

Here it is! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5tABY4q5gA)

Bernie Weishapl
08-30-2006, 8:12 PM
Jason that is a nice looking shop. Well laid out. Only one problem. It is to clean. Sheesh.:eek: :D

Bob Noles
08-30-2006, 8:34 PM
Jason,

What a great shop tour!

Your shop has a nice warmth to it and very well layed out with tools that mean so much from being in the family. Looking around, I see some ideas that I need to think about in my shop design since we are both about 12 feet wide although yours is longer than mine.

Thanks for sharing your shop with us thru this new media.

George Conklin
08-30-2006, 9:02 PM
Hi Jason,

Way to go on the video! Nicley done. That's a nice "old iron" lathe you have there.

Thanks for taking the time to make the video and post it:) .

Ted Calver
08-30-2006, 9:15 PM
Jason,
I really enjoyed your shop tour. I could tell you are proud of your set up--and rightfully so. Won't it be cool when your grandchild shows off the tools and knowledge you are going to pass along!

Corey Hallagan
08-30-2006, 9:17 PM
Very nice Jason! You have a nice shop going there. I wish I had that much room!! My shop tour I can stand in one place and video it...lol. Thanks for sharing.

Corey

Jim Young
08-30-2006, 10:08 PM
Great tour. Next to the metal shelve, is that barrel looking think a wine container?

Boyd Gathwright
08-30-2006, 10:35 PM
Jason,

.... Your tour was very nicely done. Congrats on your move and your video tour.

:)

I finally got around to shooting my shop tour. Sorry about the shaky commentary, it seemed no matter how many times I did this, I still sounded nervous.

Anyway, take a look.

Comments more than welcome.

Thanks.

Here it is! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5tABY4q5gA)

Jim Becker
08-30-2006, 10:41 PM
Very nice tour, Jason. And you have some really nice tools there...the DP in particular caught my eye. Thanks for sharing!

Kevin Blunt
08-30-2006, 10:51 PM
Nice looking shop Jason! I like the old lathe. How did you do this. I would like to do the same. Thanks for sharing.

Kevin

Jason Christenson
08-31-2006, 9:20 AM
Thanks to all of you for your comments.

Jim, I don't know what that barrel originally held but I'm pretty sure it wasn't wine, now I use it for small scraps.

Kevin, You Tube is REALLY easy to use so anyone with a video camera and a way to get their footage onto their computer can do it. I hope more people do, I can use all of the inspiration I can get!

For the record, Stu has one of these on You Tube too, at least he did.

Thanks again.

Jim Hinze
08-31-2006, 10:54 AM
Great shop tour Jason..

Between you and Stu, I fell like cleaning up and video'ing my shop as well... perhaps over the long weekend.

Henry C. Gernhardt, III
08-31-2006, 1:15 PM
Nice shop tour, Jason. It looks nicely organized, and I'm sure is a pleasure for you to use. I envy you your space.

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
08-31-2006, 2:56 PM
...................For the record, Stu has one of these on You Tube too, at least he did................

Ya, sorry about that, my wife made me take it down, as the name of our building and the name of our L shop (on the van) are both in the video, and she is worried this info can somehow be used for no good, so I have to remove it by editing it out, sorry about that.

Jason, nice shop, lots of good stuff there, love the old iron, the lathe and the DP, I really LOVE the DP, as I have a cheapo $50 unit you could put under one arm and walk out with.

Thanks for taking the time!!!!!!!!!!!!

So........... who is up next? :D

Cheers!

John Hart
09-06-2006, 4:26 PM
Wow...what a cool idea Jason!! I gotta do that. Your shop reminded me of my basement shop....only without the 3.768 tons of junk all over the place! Looks like a real nice place to work (And hide!:D )
I'll get my new shop done and try to do one of them there video things m'self! :)

Oh yeah....I didn't think you sounded shakey at all.;)

Jason Christenson
09-06-2006, 4:51 PM
Thanks John, but credit for the idea goes to Stu.

Ed Breen
09-06-2006, 5:33 PM
Great tour Jason.
I truly envy the history of your shop. My family were gypsies and thus the only tool I have from my father is his handsaw. i echo the thought that your shop is now 3 generations and how wonderful to extend it to your grandkids.
Ed:rolleyes: