PDA

View Full Version : New Member!

Hugh Jaskok
08-30-2006, 3:48 PM
Hello all, I thought I'd better give a formal introduction. First, I've had several inquiries about my name. Yes, it's my name, I've heard all the jokes so they don't even phase me anymore. High school was especially traumatic especially playing football at another schools field when the announcers didn't know Jaskok is actually prononced Yaskok. Oh well, I have persevered and I am no longer embarrassed by it.

Anyway, I've been woodworking for a few years and I visit several different forums and I've lurked in this one for a while. There seems to be some knowledgeable people here and I was hoping to learn something new.:)

Bob Childress
08-30-2006, 3:54 PM
Welcome Hugh! Always room for one more at the Creek. How about some pics when you get a chance? The picture police will get you.:D

Ray Bersch
08-30-2006, 3:59 PM
Welcome, Hugh. I think you are the first person to announce his membership with 16 posts under his belt - cool. You know, you can't do much about your given name so no one here will laugh at you - nor will anyone laugh (at least not so we can hear) if you ask silly questons - that's just one of the things I like about this forum, all good folks helping other folks and enjoying the experience - hope you enjoy, too.
Ray

Erik Rudd
08-30-2006, 4:00 PM
My friend Michael Hunt knows your pain. Welcome aboard. Have fun!

Scott Loven
08-30-2006, 4:24 PM
My wife was looking for a name for our youngest boy so I suggested Edward Zeman. She was all for it until she put the two initials together with our last name.................
Scott Loven

Chris Padilla
08-30-2006, 4:31 PM
Welcome, Hugh...from whereabout do you hail? Fill out your location...it does help! :)

Bernie Weishapl
08-30-2006, 4:41 PM
Welcome Hugh. Lots of good people and lots of knowledge. I am not going to tell you how badly my name was butchered as a kid. It don't bother me either any more.

Alan DuBoff
08-30-2006, 5:06 PM
Hello all, I thought I'd better give a formal introduction. First, I've had several inquiries about my name. Yes, it's my name, I've heard all the jokes so they don't even phase me anymore. High school was especially traumatic especially playing football at another schools field when the announcers didn't know Jaskok is actually prononced Yaskok. Oh well, I have persevered and I am no longer embarrassed by it.

Anyway, I've been woodworking for a few years and I visit several different forums and I've lurked in this one for a while. There seems to be some knowledgeable people here and I was hoping to learn something new.:)Hugh,

If this is you're name, I pity what you must have gone through in school.

And, FYI, my avitar is artwork that was done for me by a characture artist. I do own the rights to it, so don't go using it around the net...:D

Welcome to the creek, I feel everyone is welcome, but I don't set the rules here, those are better described in the Terms Of Service (TOS).

Gary Whitt
08-30-2006, 5:18 PM
Welcome to the Creek, Hugh.

Hope to see some pics of your work.

David Jarrell
08-30-2006, 5:58 PM
Welcome to the Creek, Hugh! Joint the board with us up in woodworking when you get a chance!

Gary Whitt
08-30-2006, 6:04 PM
Welcome to the Creek, Bud.

It is easy to steal folk's identity. That is sad.

Bud Zysk
08-30-2006, 6:10 PM
No meltdowns. The little woman had her identity stolen a couple of years ago. Too dang easy. She didn't think she was making any mistakes. In her case, she exchanged no online information, nor was her personal info "hacked." It all seemed innocent enough and would have from just about anyone, until the USPS called and told her about it. :(

Bud Zysk
08-30-2006, 6:11 PM
Thanks Gary. Are you an LEO? :confused:

Corey Hallagan
08-30-2006, 8:56 PM
Welcome to SMC Hugh!!

Corey

Steve Clardy
08-30-2006, 8:59 PM
Hey! I slept in the Holiday Inn a couple months ago:eek: :rolleyes: ;)

Scott Henderson
08-30-2006, 9:28 PM
I lurk

I read

I take away information

Sometimes I contribute.

I would like to welcome Hugh to this community

Hugh Jaskok
08-30-2006, 11:49 PM
I'd like to thank the guys that welcomed me. Also, I'll try to post some pics of a couple of adirondack chairs I made for my folks this summer. Nothing as nice as that jewelry box that Cory is making, but hopefully I'll get to that level someday.:)

Bud Zysk
08-31-2006, 7:31 AM
I think alot of us would like to get to that level. ;)

Larry Browning
08-31-2006, 8:12 AM
Joint the board with us up in woodworking when you get a chance!
Huh!!!! If this is not a typo, what does this mean????? If it is a typo, what did you mean to say?????

Larry Browning
08-31-2006, 8:17 AM
Hey! I slept in the Holiday Inn a couple months ago:eek: :rolleyes: ;) Steve,
Great! Then maybe you can explain some of these posts to me! What does identity theft have to do with this thread? And what the heck is David Jarrell talking about?

Donnie Raines
08-31-2006, 8:55 AM
Joint the board is a joke...one of those "you had to be there" kinds.

I suspect that some are suggesting that Hugh is making his name up..thus the identity topic was brought up.

It is truely sad when someone needs to justify or explain to grown men/women that their name is indeed what they state it to be.

Cripes, what does the guy need to do, provide a birth certificate?

Oh well, I'm sure he will enjoy his stay here.:)

Larry Browning
08-31-2006, 9:37 AM
Joint the board is a joke...one of those "you had to be there" kinds.
Ok, what's the joke? Or am I the only who doesn't get it?

Also, maybe I am just naive, or don't have a very good imagination, but, how in the world would using someone's real name lead to identify theft?

One more thing. I am really having trouble making anything rude or funny out of Hugh Jaskok.

I don't know, maybe I should just move on to other threads that actually make since to me. Because this one surely does not!!!!

Hey Hugh! Welcome to the creek! Most of the other discussions here really do make since!!!!!!

Donnie Raines
08-31-2006, 9:46 AM
Um Larry.....you had to be there.....

it's not so much a one liner or a joke of that type. It was more of an action joke if you would.....:)

As for the name.....re-read it a few times. I suspect it will eventually sink in for you.

Larry Browning
08-31-2006, 9:56 AM
Yeah, but couldn't you do that anyway? I mean, someones name is not exactly top secret information.

Ok, I am now sure I am loosing my mind! There was a message from Terre Hooks here a minute ago,(I think!!) that this post was responding to, and now it is gone! Did you delete it Terre?

Erik Rudd
08-31-2006, 11:04 AM
Ok, I am now sure I am loosing my mind! There was a message from Terre Hooks here a minute ago,(I think!!) that this post was responding to, and now it is gone! Did you delete it Terre?

Terre didn't delete his post, it's the friendly moderators at work protecting the delicate sensibilities of the SMC community.

Chris Padilla
08-31-2006, 11:09 AM
Folks,

Lets discuss woodworking, eh? It is a FUN subject and (hopefully) why you are on here and read this board.

Thanks!!

Donnie Raines
08-31-2006, 11:23 AM
Chris I agree. We should throw Hugh a bone here....and welcome him in.

Scott Henderson
08-31-2006, 11:35 AM
Bone.......?

Donnie Raines
08-31-2006, 11:48 AM
..........?

Chris Padilla
08-31-2006, 12:13 PM
Woodworking...woodworking!! Think woodworking! :D

Terre Hooks
08-31-2006, 1:49 PM
W e l c o m e . . . A b r o a d ! ! !

Have Fun, Have Fun, Have Fun! ! !

Scott Henderson
08-31-2006, 1:56 PM
And while yer here, please Check My Website!!

David Jarrell
08-31-2006, 3:40 PM
Huh!!!! If this is not a typo, what does this mean????? If it is a typo, what did you mean to say?????

Larry,
Rumors that Grizzly will be sponsoring the 88 car next season are completely unsubstantiated. Please do not propagate this myth!

Regards,
David

Terre Hooks
08-31-2006, 3:43 PM
Larry,
Rumors that Grizzly will be sponsoring the 88 car next season are completely unsubstantiated. Please do not propagate this myth!

Regards,
David

QFT

10 characters

Larry Browning
08-31-2006, 6:15 PM
Ok, It's official, this is the weirdest thread on SMC. (well, at least in the past hour):eek:

Jim A. Smith
08-31-2006, 6:24 PM
What's all the hubbub about

Alan DuBoff
08-31-2006, 6:43 PM
What's all the hubbub aboutNot sure to be honest, it doesn't seem about woodworking, and seems to have drifted to nascar. Maybe the mods will move this thread to OT and get it out of the way.

Jim A. Smith
08-31-2006, 6:55 PM
I like Nascar:)

Jim A. Smith
08-31-2006, 6:56 PM
And while yer here, please Check My Website!!

Where is it:confused:

Scott Henderson
08-31-2006, 8:21 PM
Can't get the link to work:(

lou sansone
08-31-2006, 8:46 PM
Woodworking...woodworking!! Think woodworking! :D

I agree with chris. May I respectfully ask that it you all want to have this type of off topic discussion that you please move it to a place designed here for that exact purpose.
lou

David Jarrell
08-31-2006, 9:09 PM
Ok, It's official, this is the weirdest thread on SMC. (well, at least in the past hour):eek:

Joint the board!! Do it!! ^____^

Alan DuBoff
08-31-2006, 10:22 PM
I like Nascar:)Jim,

I like nascar also, even when Ryan Newman sucks like he is this year...wake me up when he gets a win.

The point is that nascar really doesn't belong in General Woodworking and Power Tools, AFAICT.

Erik Rudd
08-31-2006, 10:35 PM
Alan, one more request to move this thread will make you an Ace. You can do it, I have confidence in you.

David Jarrell
08-31-2006, 11:44 PM
Jim,

I like nascar also, even when Ryan Newman sucks like he is this year...wake me up when he gets a win.

The point is that nascar really doesn't belong in General Woodworking and Power Tools, AFAICT.

Hah hah!! You must be a good employee, doing jobs that aren't yours. :)

Go #88 camry!! Joint the board!!