PDA

View Full Version : Lenox Diemaster II blades?

Aaron Beaver
08-30-2006, 7:58 AM
Anyone use these for their bandsaw? I have heard good things about them just haven't got any but thought I might try one.

Paul B. Cresti
08-30-2006, 8:17 AM
Aaron,
I have and used the Lennox Diemaster 2. They are a bimetal blade and are relatively inexpensive. I normally keep the 1" Trimaster on my bandsaw but when I need to cut something with a tighter radius or of questionable content I switch to my 1/2" Diemaster. They work well enough and I have actually even done some resawing for them. I would say for an inexpensive blade for general use they are fine.

Aaron Beaver
08-30-2006, 8:27 AM
Thanks Paul, i guess I should of been more specific I was looking for a good blade to use for resawing. I hadn't done much research on them, even price, just things I heard.

Jim Becker
08-30-2006, 9:14 AM
Aaron, for strictly re-sawing, look at the TriMaster if you have a larger saw. If you have a 14", you may still be able to use a 1/2" TM, but talk to Louis Itura to confirm. (The 1/2" blade is thinner and does smaller wheels easier) It's carbide tipped and costs a bundle...but it will also last potentially for years rather than minutes or hours...

Aaron Beaver
08-30-2006, 9:21 AM
Aaron, for strictly re-sawing, look at the TriMaster if you have a larger saw. If you have a 14", you may still be able to use a 1/2" TM, but talk to Louis Itura to confirm. (The 1/2" blade is thinner and does smaller wheels easier) It's carbide tipped and costs a bundle...but it will also last potentially for years rather than minutes or hours...

Thanks, I will look into that, btw I do have a 14" saw