PDA

View Full Version : About time I posted some pics...

Matt Warfield
08-29-2006, 10:31 PM
Howdy all!

Rather than just absorbing everyone else's offerings, I figure it's about time I share some of my work. This project was complete a little over two years ago and the other one has about 15 1/2 years to go. :)

Thanks for looking,

Matt

glenn bradley
08-29-2006, 10:34 PM
You're making me sleepy. That is a beautiful piece!

Matt Warfield
08-29-2006, 10:34 PM
And maybe a description too! :rolleyes:

Crib was made from the kit on Shopsmith.com and is made from cherry and soft maple. Looking back, I'm actually surprised that I made this with only a table saw, router table, drill press, and sander. But I think I would've spent a lot less time sanding had I had a jointer, planer, and mortiser!

Martin Lutz
08-30-2006, 11:38 AM
Wow, gorgeous. I love the contrast.
Makes me wish I would have built one for my son. Nice job.

Bob Childress
08-30-2006, 11:50 AM
Very lovely, Matt. A work of love and art.:)

Now, if you could only keep 'em in there until they're 21 or so.:D

Matt Warfield
08-30-2006, 2:54 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys! It was a fun diversion from the LOML spontaneous demands. And, even though it was over two years ago, I think I'm still sneezing dust from all the sanding.

If anyone is ever interested in the Woodsmith kit, I'll attest to it's durability. My daughter, who is now 2 1/2, has yet to put a mark on it and that's not for the lack of trying! She kicks the slats so hard that she wakes the living dead(LOML in the early am.) I've been impressed with the overall design although the specified all maple was a bit boring. Hopefully, my daughter's kids will get just as much use out of it.

Thanks again for looking!

Matt

lou sansone
08-30-2006, 9:21 PM
the crib looks real nice . great job
lou

Jim Becker
08-30-2006, 9:31 PM
BOTH projects turned out super, Matt!!

Corey Hallagan
08-30-2006, 11:17 PM
Very nice!! Great looking crib and of course the baby is beautiful as well! Where is Robin's at as i don't think I have ever heard of that town. I am way down in the southwest corner accros the road from Omaha, Ne

corey