PDA

View Full Version : OK another new member

Dan Lee
08-29-2006, 8:40 PM
Hi
Been lurking awhile and like the amosphere here.
I live near Los Angeles and I have been WWing for about 14 years.
Shop is a 2 car garage (cars are banned). I'm mostly a normite but have been trying to add some hand tool skills to my arsenal in the last several years.
LOML recently took up turning on a jet mini. Whenever she knows she'll be close to the Rockler or Woodcraft she always asks 'need anything I'm stoppin anyway' so thats kinda cool.

Look forward to sharing and learning here
Dan

Corey Hallagan
08-29-2006, 8:42 PM
Welcome to SMC Dan, great place to both share and learn!

corey

Bob Noles
08-29-2006, 8:57 PM
Welcome aboard Dan. WOW..... that is some great woman you got :cool:

Look forward to swapping WW tales and learning with/from you.

lou sansone
08-29-2006, 9:01 PM
welcome to the creek... a friendly place where people actually talk about wood working. so what is the latest project?
regards
lou

John Bailey
08-29-2006, 9:38 PM
Welcome Dan,

Take a swim it pretty refreshing.

John

Mike Cutler
08-29-2006, 10:12 PM
Dan.

Welcome to Sawmill Creek. Please'd to meet ya'.

Your wifes turns eh... Not fair. Gotta get a ruling on a stealth gloat here. Tyler, Chris?? ;)

Just kidding Dan.

Mike

Ken Fitzgerald
08-29-2006, 10:19 PM
Welcome to the Creek Dan! Wade right in the water's fine! Beware of Tyler our local photo cop. Only rules......no photo .....it didn't happen......Did I mention we like pictures?

Welcome!

Dan Oliphant
08-29-2006, 10:26 PM
OK Mr. Lee, let's see some pics of past projects!! By the way, welcome to the creek.

glenn bradley
08-29-2006, 10:52 PM
Welcome Dan. I'm sure you got the drift by now that we love pics. I'm as guilty as anybody about not posting them but, I have vowed to change my ways starting today!

tod evans
08-30-2006, 8:04 AM
welcome dan!

Craig Stueve
08-30-2006, 9:02 AM
Welcom Dan. There is a ton of great knowledge here and genuinely friendly people. Don't be shy.

Bob, I just got home from another graveyard shift and am in gearing down mode. I was just quickly looking at everyones replies when I saw this. :eek:

Welcome aboard Dan. WOW..... that is some great woman you got :cool:

Look forward to swapping

Slowed down my scanning and got the brain back up and going then I saw the rest of your reply. For a second there I though you got your post sent to the wrong forum.:D

Craig

Tyler Howell
08-30-2006, 9:41 AM
She's a keeper Dan,:cool:
Does she have a sisiter??
Welcome to the creek

Dan Lee
08-30-2006, 12:18 PM
Thanks for the welcome. Current project is some outdoor lounge chairs. Making them from mangaras(sp?) which Im discovering is a really nice wood to work with.

Just got these back from the upholsterer. They took me a year and half start to finish. They were a big and at times frustrating project for me , there were many stretches I didn't work on them for months.

Dan

Bob Childress
08-30-2006, 3:57 PM
Cool chairs and a nice design. Welcome to the Creek!:)

Bernie Weishapl
08-30-2006, 4:45 PM
Welcome Dan. You will have to have your wife share her turnings in the Turners forum.

Jerry Ingraham
08-30-2006, 5:40 PM
Welcome Dan. You'll like it here and the moer participation the better, so dive right in!

Steve Clardy
08-30-2006, 6:25 PM
Welcome Dan