PDA

View Full Version : Somebody's a HALF CENTURY old today!!

Jason Roehl
08-29-2006, 8:07 AM
Happy Birthday, John Miliunas and all the others who saw daylight for the first time on this day years ago.

Ken Fitzgerald
08-29-2006, 8:10 AM
Geee! Could anybody really be that old?:rolleyes:

Happy Birthday John!

Mark Singer
08-29-2006, 8:10 AM
John,
Big Birthday Boy! Happy Birthday!

Glenn Clabo
08-29-2006, 8:14 AM
Happy Birthday Youngster!

Dennis Peacock
08-29-2006, 8:41 AM
Happy Birthday Buddy!!!!

Joe Mioux
08-29-2006, 8:41 AM
Hass AARP contacted you yet?

Happy Birthday John

Joe

Tyler Howell
08-29-2006, 10:17 AM
Now you're on my side:D .
Congrats buddy. Great hair for an old man:o .

Andy Hoyt
08-29-2006, 10:29 AM
Hoo boy! The big five oh! Book 'em Danno!

Oh - and I see you up there Mr. Howell sir. Bunch a guys over in the spin cycle would like to have a few words with you.:D

David Wilson
08-29-2006, 10:30 AM
Congrats John
Remember the old saying,"it's better to be over the hill than under it."

Ken Garlock
08-29-2006, 10:31 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JOHN

Wishing you another 50 years.

Frank Chaffee
08-29-2006, 10:45 AM
Congratulations John,
You have crested the hill! From now on everything will be easier and faster.
Welcome aboard the Downhill Express.
Frank

Bart Leetch
08-29-2006, 11:12 AM
Come on along side John your not alone. Your now officially an older fart. Happy birthday I hope your out of pain with you hands by now. Because you going to find being an older fart isn't for Sissies.:eek: On the other hand as you get older you'll be able to get away with some things that never could before:eek: and then again there will be other things that you will not be able to get away with that you used to:eek: . So watch out & have a discerning spirit:D .

Dave Richards
08-29-2006, 11:12 AM
Happy Birthday, John.

Enjoy it even though you are old. :D

Don Baer
08-29-2006, 11:25 AM
Hey John happy Birthday you old goat.

Andy Hoyt
08-29-2006, 11:41 AM
Hoo boy! The big five oh! Book 'em Danno!

Oh - and I see you up there, too Mr. Chaffee sir. Bunch a guys over in the spin cycle would like to have a few words with you as well.:D

tod evans
08-29-2006, 11:47 AM
happy,happy

Ted Calver
08-29-2006, 12:14 PM
John,
Happy Birthday!! Just one more small step on the way to geezerdom, or is that geezerhood? Heck, I can't remember.

Scott Donley
08-29-2006, 12:20 PM
Whow ! A 50 year old with a full head of hair ! Happy B-Day John :D

Cecil Arnold
08-29-2006, 12:20 PM
Happy birthday youngster. Gettin' old is not for sissies. DAMHIKT

Karl Laustrup
08-29-2006, 12:35 PM
AHHHH YES, I can almost remember 50. Such a wonderful time. And it seems like it was just last year, although it's almost 10. Thank goodness I don't remember much. I'd really be depressed if it weren't for CRS.

Have a good one bud. Wish I could get down and tip one with you tonight. Cow that is, I don't drink anymore. ;) :D

Karl

Bruce Page
08-29-2006, 1:47 PM
Happy Birthday John.
I'm almost 6 ahead of ya. 50 doesn't look so bad anymore!

Jeff Sudmeier
08-29-2006, 2:01 PM
Happy Birthday John!! I hope you ahve a good one....

Chris Padilla
08-29-2006, 2:39 PM
Geez...what do you say to someone who has been around for 50 years?? :confused:

:D HOPE YER AROUND FER ANUTHER 50 MORE, YA OLD WOOD HACKER! :D

Randy Moore
08-29-2006, 5:38 PM
John,

50?:eek: I am pullin' on is and startin' to push 60.:eek: :) At least I am still paying taxes.:mad:

You youngster, I hope you have a Happy Birthday. We want PICS of toye....er tools and whatever else the shop gets.:) :D

Hows the hand doin'? Hope the pain is gone.

Tony Falotico
08-29-2006, 5:41 PM
Geez...what do you say to someone who has been around for 50 years??

HAPPY BIRTHDAY YOUNG MAN !!

John Shuk
08-29-2006, 8:42 PM
Happy Birthday John

John Miliunas
08-29-2006, 8:57 PM
Many, many thanks, gents! :) Thus far, it's been a fantastic birthday. Got a new music CD from my youngest ("Foiled" by Blue October), a bunch of health food snacks and health magazine from my eldest, a pair of weight lifting gloves from one of the girls at work, a 12-pack of my favorite brew from one of the guys and a really nice pair of jeans, which actually fit me, from the LOML! (Dropped 4 sizes since the beginning of the year!!! :D ) Oh yeah...And a combination BD/Anniversary present from the LOML: Two days of classes with David Marks!!! :D Our Woodcraft store has invited him to do 3 sessions at the end of October. Two lecture sessions on the 29th: 1) Favorite Fixtures Demo 2) Working With Knifecut Veneers. Then on the 30th, is a hands-on all day'r: Small Project Bentwood Laminations. Needless to say, I'm a happy camper! :D

All in all, the first 50 years have had their share of ups and downs. The last year has been no different. Through budget cuts, I saw my total income drastically reduced but, my friends at Woodcraft gave me the opportunity to join their crew and help make up for some of it. Two hand surgeries and a brain tumor later, I can sincerely say that this last year has certainly been one for the books! :rolleyes: The upside is, the hands are definitely on the mend, as is that growth in my head (the lack of gray matter left it plenty of room to grow before!:rolleyes: ). A most, most fantastic trip to Laguna Beach for a wonderful visit with the Singer family; Met a whole bunch of fellow Creekers in person; Got to spend a whole bunch more time with many more cyber-friends at the Creek; I've had the pleasure of seeing 3 more SMC-ers get Abysserated :D ; Am presently getting to spend a LOT of time with our 1-yr. old grand-daughter, who has been staying here with her Mom since June; There's a whole lot more I'm missing here but, I'll not bore you with it plus, CRS is really kicking in so, I can't remember the half of it!:o The bottom line: It's great to be HERE and be able to share this half-century mark with some of the best folks on the Net today! Thanks much to all! :) :cool:

Norman Hitt
08-30-2006, 1:04 AM
Well, John, I'm later getting on here as usual, Buuuuuuuut........I did make it under the wire to Congratulate You on making it through your "FIFTIETH" Birthday. After reading your post I see you had a Good and HAPPY one, so I'll just Wish You MANY, MANY More. They'll come more often now, so you can plan on More Celebrations Much Quicker.:D (I know because it seems only 4 or 5 yrs ago), that I endured a 2 1/2 Day Celebration some of our flight crews and other (friends....???) threw for me on my "50th" in Belgium. Darn.....that will be 18 yrs ago next month.:eek: I truly hope you had as much FUN (as they tell me I did).:D :D

PS: That LOYL is sure Spoiling YOU this year.:D (I think she must kinda LIKE You).;)

John Bailey
08-30-2006, 5:20 AM
Join the club buddy.

John

Al Willits
08-30-2006, 9:41 AM
At 58, I've found the bad thing about getting old is, ya can't see the obituary section to see if your dead yet....:)

Happy birthday and here's to many more...

Al

John Miliunas
08-30-2006, 10:42 AM
At 58, I've found the bad thing about getting old is, ya can't see the obituary section to see if your dead yet....:)

Happy birthday and here's to many more...

Al

At 50, I still can see that and, strangely enough, they've made it real easy to look for it. Seems that here in Cheeseland, everyone appears to died in alphabetical order and, with the "M's" being in the middle of the pack, a quick scan tells me the story! :D :cool: