PDA

View Full Version : Brita above the sink water filters:

Bob Weisner
08-28-2006, 8:16 PM
How do those Brita water filtration systems that are attached to the end of a kitchen faucet work? They say on the website that the filters are good for 100 gallons . What I would like to know is, how do you use it on a kitchen faucet , if you use that same sink for washing dishes?

Greg Koch
08-29-2006, 1:24 AM
We've used Brita for years and like it. Use on the same kitchen faucet, but it rotates to direct water through it or bypass it. We have a hot water pot, for tea and coffee, and filter all the water that goes into it. Water tastes better, and the inside of the pot stays cleaner...no mineral build-up over time.

BTW, Pur (pure) makes one too, but the filters are very expensive... $30+ for 3, whereas Brita's on sale are about $16~19. My wife is the "keeper of the filter" so I really don't know how long it lasts, but a reasonable time, IIARC.

Stuart Johnson
08-29-2006, 11:24 AM
I'm not sure about the Brita that attaches to the faucet but we have a stand alone pitcher type and it is great. I would think the faucet ones would work just as well.

Bryan Somers
08-29-2006, 12:41 PM
We have a Pur filter on our kitchen faucet and the LOML likes and uses it. It has a valve that diverts water throug the filter when you want filtered water otherwise it works as normal Im sure Brita works the same way