PDA

View Full Version : Met Ken Salisbury

Bill Hogue
10-06-2003, 3:44 PM
Well, I'll say I shock hands with Ken Friday night at football here in Madison County. I was in uniform (football official) and Ken met the officials after the game to shake their hands, which is a rarity. Most times we are booed and bad mouthed by the lost team.

Wished I could have spoke to you but the association doesn't like for us to talk the crowd when in uniform and at the field.

Anyway Hello.

Noah Alkinburgh
10-06-2003, 4:29 PM
Well, I'll say I shock hands with Ken Friday night at football here in Madison County. I was in uniform (football official) and Ken met the officials after the game to shake their hands, which is a rarity. Most times we are booed and bad mouthed by the lost team.

Wished I could have spoke to you but the association doesn't like for us to talk the crowd when in uniform and at the field.

Anyway Hello.

Ah your better off not having talked with him. :D Especially if you don't own a lathe...in fact if you don't have one you should watch that hand very very carfully...its a scarry thing that turner disease. Funny thing is the man does incredible flat work too. Must come with age...

Ken is a great guy. Glad to hear he is thanking the officials and not screaming at them which I could see him doing too ;)

Noah

Ken Salisbury
10-07-2003, 9:36 AM

Anyway Hello.
I had no idea who you were Bill. Sports officials are the most under appreciated individuals I can think of. As an ex high school football coach I feel obligated to acknowledge a job well done by a group of officials. Keep up the good work.

By the way the Defensive Coordinator of the Madison Co team is my youngest Son (John).

Drop by the shop sometime and we can talk football and woodworking.