PDA

View Full Version : New Yankee Workshop 'day'

Ned Bulken
08-27-2006, 12:57 PM
I've had about a dozen episodes of Nahm on my Tivo, and they were eating up quite a bit of 'time', so I've been having a day of Nahm, re-recording them to VHS to free up space on my hard drive. Now I'll have space/time available on the Tivo for more 'new' shows come fall.

Doug Jones
08-27-2006, 1:00 PM
What is a VHS?:confused: :D ;)

I need to do the same only on DVD. Thanks for the reminder.

Joe Pelonio
08-27-2006, 1:33 PM
There's supposed to be a way that you can record on DVDs from the tivo or dvr, by hooking it to the computer, haven't had a chance to try and figure that out yet though.

Ned Bulken
08-27-2006, 1:56 PM
I have a DirecTivo, which does not port content out via the USB as the regular units do. SO, I"m stuck with VHS for long term storage. I love the dual tuners on this unit though, so I'm going to stick with it. Thinking about breaking the case and upgrading to dual hard drives, for more recording time.

Vaughn McMillan
08-28-2006, 4:33 AM
... Thinking about breaking the case and upgrading to dual hard drives, for more recording time.
Do it! I've done both of ours (we're a two-DirecTiVo family) and it's pretty easy if you've ever been inside a computer. Well worth the effort...I've got 140+ hours available on mine, and IIRC I upgraded LOML's to 160+ hours. I've bought upgrade kits from two different companies, but the only one I can remember right now is PVTupgrade.com.

- Vaughn

Rich Konopka
08-28-2006, 1:13 PM
I have 19 Episodes saved to my Tivo. I have upgraded my drive on my 3 year old Sony Tivo with a kit from weaknees.com and I have plenty of room. I only wish that my two local PBS stations would air more "Nahm" episodes.

Rich Konopka
08-28-2006, 1:16 PM
There's supposed to be a way that you can record on DVDs from the tivo or dvr, by hooking it to the computer, haven't had a chance to try and figure that out yet though.

It is called Tivo Desktop and requires your Tivo to be wired or wireless connection to your home network. It works well if you like watching from a laptop or puter. I stores it in a proprietary format and cannot be burned to a DVD