PDA

View Full Version : Hello All....

Mark Marzluf
08-27-2006, 12:51 PM
New member here. I too have been floating around another forum since 1992. I was invited by another member to come check things out on this side of the world, so here I am.

I do custom woodworking for a living with a growing passion for furniture although I wouldn't call myself a "Pro". I simply enjoy woodworking and use it as my main source of income.

Looking forward to chatting with everyone and sharing ideas and pictures.

Mark

Marzluf Custom Woodworking
Columbus Ohio

Corey Hallagan
08-27-2006, 12:53 PM
Welcome Mark to SMC! Glad to have you here.

Corey

John Fry
08-27-2006, 12:56 PM
You Too, Huh? :)

Brad Noble
08-27-2006, 1:02 PM
Welcome to the creek Mark. You already have several friends over here so getting involved with some fellow 'creekers' won't be hard at all.

Brad

Bob Noles
08-27-2006, 1:04 PM
Hi Mark and it is great to see you pay us a visit. I think you will find a much different pace and a plesant atmosphere here. :) I do hope you will visit often and we look forward to sharing woodworking experiences with you.

btw.... conrats on the upcoming arrival :D

Ron Blaise
08-27-2006, 1:28 PM
Well that's two new ones today! Glad to have you with us. What part of central Ohio?

John Bailey
08-27-2006, 1:58 PM
btw.... conrats on the upcoming arrival :D

Foul!! What upcoming arrival?

John

Oh, I almost forgot, welcome to the Creek Mark.

Cecil Arnold
08-27-2006, 2:04 PM
Welcome to the creek Mark. Nice web pages.

Ken Fitzgerald
08-27-2006, 2:15 PM
Welcome to the Creek Mark!

Brad Noble
08-27-2006, 2:17 PM
Marks wife is scheduled to deliver their second child on Monday (August 28, 2006) unless of course she decides that she doesn't want to wait. They have a son, Tristan, and I believe they are expecting their second child to also be a son.

Brad

Alan DuBoff
08-27-2006, 2:40 PM
Welcome to the creek Mark. I thought you were a moderator on the other foras. Good to see you around here.

Mark Marzluf
08-27-2006, 3:09 PM
Wow..... Thanks everyone..

Yes... We will be welcoming our second child into the world tomorrow. This will be Gavin Walker Marzluf. First son was born 6 weeks early and had some medical issues to deal with right away so this is a whole new experience this time around..

And another Yes... I *was* a moderator on another forum but just recently relinquished my duties so I could "join the heard" so to say...

Still trying to figure out how to add more pics to my website (not that good with all the 'code' stuff, so bear with me as I slowly get things up to date. Many of the pics are older and a little outdated.

I may not be around much in the next few days (week) as I help out with the new arrival, but I'm sure I might find a moment late in the evenings to check in.

Thanks again to everyone for the welcome. So....... where do I find all the pics of everyones work ?? I've got years to catch up on. :D

Alan DuBoff
08-27-2006, 3:33 PM
Mark,

Most certainly post pics of the beautiful planer you restored! ;) That's a real sweetie pie! You completed it as I was acquiring my first piece of old iron. I was most impressed.

I have since piced up a Crescent with no motor, but it's only 8". I'd like at least a 12". I need to find some motors soon, I need a couple 3 HP motors. There's a couple guys who sell them in my area used for about $40-$50. I need to get back finish my speaker shelves is what I need to do...later...:D

David Jarrell
08-27-2006, 3:37 PM
Welcome to the Creek, Mark.

Mark Marzluf
08-27-2006, 3:43 PM
That's funny Alen... I JUST finished my first "share" posting and chose to share the jointer refurb. :D

What can I say........ she's my baby.

Scott Henderson
08-27-2006, 3:44 PM
Welcome to the Creek, Mark.

:eek: Mottled Hawg :eek:

Dave Shively
08-27-2006, 5:58 PM
Hello Mark,

So glad to see you join us as well as John. So sorry about the other site
you did a fantastic job there but you are here now at the Creek and it
is a good thing.

Please keep up to date on the new arrival!

Dave (Nimrod) as you know me.

Mike Wenzloff
08-27-2006, 7:01 PM
New member here. ...
Welcome Mark--MikeW here.

Settle back and enjoy. Glad to see you here.

Take care, Mike

Erik Rudd
08-27-2006, 7:12 PM
:eek: Mottled Hawg :eek:

Do I know you? You have a certain accent that I'm sure I should recognize...:)

Oh, and welcome Mark. They play nicer here than where you're from.

scott spencer
08-27-2006, 7:26 PM
Hey Mark! Enjoy the quiet pace here!

David Klug
08-27-2006, 7:42 PM
Wecome to the Creek Mark. We can always use another pro's ideas around here.

DK

Alan DuBoff
08-27-2006, 8:42 PM
That's funny Alen... I JUST finished my first "share" posting and chose to share the jointer refurb. :D

What can I say........ she's my baby.And such a fine, fine baby at that!

I don't know I'll ever get tired of seein that jointer, it gives me hope to get a machine similar to that one day.

Guy Germaine
08-28-2006, 8:57 AM
Welcome Mark. Is the other place down? I haven't been able to get to it all morning.

tod evans
08-28-2006, 9:39 AM
welcome mark! and congratulations on the new arrival!

Donnie Raines
08-28-2006, 10:16 AM
Hi Mark.

You still have a solid outlet for wood chips?

Bud Zysk
08-28-2006, 10:55 AM
Oh, and welcome Mark. They play nicer here than where you're from.

Indeed! And they serve ice cream too !!! http://www.forums.woodnet.net/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowsmilewinkgrin.gif

Al Navas
08-28-2006, 11:39 AM
...Looking forward to chatting with everyone and sharing ideas and pictures...
Welcome to the Creek, Mark! You will enjoy your experience here, for sure.

Congratulations on the addition to the family - what a wonderful addition, too!!!

Al (Sandal Woods elsewhere)

Mike Wenzloff
08-28-2006, 12:01 PM
...They play nicer here than where you're from.
The people in the hand tool forum at WN play pretty nicely. Great bunch.

Take care, Mike

Mike Spanbauer
08-28-2006, 12:17 PM
Welcome Mark. I live vicariously over here at the Creek :) (aka @WN: MichaelS)

Post very, very little but have been reading over here for a long time (quite a while before I registered). Really like the atmosphere over here, and the generally supportive nature. Posters who attack with no value add aren't tolerated here... After that recent round, I'm much more likely to be seen / posting here.

Cheers,

Michael

Martin Shupe
08-28-2006, 12:30 PM
Wow..... Thanks everyone..

Thanks again to everyone for the welcome. So....... where do I find all the pics of everyones work ?? I've got years to catch up on. :D

Welcome, Mark, (Martin S. from WN).

As far as finding pics of work, currently, that is a little difficult. If you know someone specific, you can seach his/her name, and then search for threads started by that person. I believe Aaron is working on a better solution for the future.

Here's one to get you started. Do a search on "Jason Tuinstra", then look for thread's started by him. He does some amazing Shaker style furniture. Specifically, look for his Tin Cupboard, in the style of C.H. Becksvoort. Check out his wine cabinet, as well. (There are many other outstanding craftsmen/women here, Jason is just my favorite.)

Again, welcome.

Alan DuBoff
08-28-2006, 1:08 PM
The people in the hand tool forum at WN play pretty nicely. Great bunch.That's certainly debatable.

Mike Wenzloff
08-28-2006, 1:25 PM
That's certainly debatable.
There's a few around here that are as my neighbor would say, are a pill. No idea what the saying means.:)

There are people in every forum I have ever been to that are, uh, difficult at times. Some at a couple, all the time.

Heck, I'm not always my typical sweet self either <g>...

Take care, Mike