PDA

View Full Version : Have garage sale tool will change

Bart Leetch
08-27-2006, 12:57 AM
I had this tool & thought I would play around a little & it may not be exactly the same as a spindlemaster but it cuts real nice. I hope the pic is ok it wasn't easy to get a pic of with the reflections. I am hoping thie will be of use turning pens. I don't want to have to say well exsku me everytime the sku gets the best of me at least not just as I start turning pens.

Bernie Weishapl
08-27-2006, 10:08 PM
Nice gloat Bart. Kinda looks like those versa chisels that PSI has. I think Corey bought a couple of them.

Corey Hallagan
08-27-2006, 11:07 PM
Bart maybe the one you have will work better but I have the Versa chisel set from PSI. The jury is still out but in my opinion they are not as usefull as what I thought they would. I thought they would be great for spindle work but I didn't think to much of them. Frankly I use only a 1 inch roughing gouge on pens and for about the last 1/16 I use a 1/2 spindle gouge. I did use the small versa in place of the spindle gouge and it worked ok. I don't think they replace a skew at all though in my opinon, not the ones I have anyway.
Corey

Bart Leetch
08-27-2006, 11:31 PM
Well if it doesn't work out I have less than 50 cents & about 15 minutes into it.