PDA

View Full Version : Can you gloat over winning a tool??

Al Willits
08-26-2006, 9:49 PM
Have to admit when I had to work today, I was a bit miffed as the "As the garage turns" clean up and cabinet making was going pretty well, and to make matters worse, I had picked up a couple of keys (no not that kind of key...) for a contest Woodcraft was having, and if the key opened their lock ya won something....but it was between 2 and 3pm today and I was at work, so....
With a bit of groveling, I got the wife to drive over and see if one of the two keys I had would fit..

About three I get a call from the wife and she says I really owe her big time, and that I won, I thought she was kidding, but I now have a Dewalt 735 planer in my garage....I'll be damned....

I'm the one who couldn't win anything if I was the only one entered normally.. :D

So....not sure if you can gloat over winning a tool, but I sure am a happy camper today.

Have to thank Woodcraft for having this contest, and I will be taking the little shebeast out for a nice dinner tommorrow..

Al.....who can make even more sawdust now....:D :D

Chuck Saunders
08-26-2006, 9:55 PM
Al. that's the best gloat there is. Congrats and hopefully after treating your LOYL for representing you it still will be cheaper than buying it.
Chuck

Jim Becker
08-26-2006, 9:57 PM
Excellent gloat!! Contests do count!!!

And you'll be taking the LOYL out for dinner a lot if she finds out what you are calling her to your "closest" friends... ;) :D

Dennis Reardon
08-26-2006, 10:13 PM
Gloat away. :) I suppose now you're gonna be upset at the cost of all those accessories your going to have to buy next weekend.:D

Dennis

Aaron Beaver
08-26-2006, 10:39 PM
Congrats Al, gloat it up.

Al Willits
08-26-2006, 10:40 PM
Accessories????
Hummmm...hadn't thought of that....:)

Jim, no prob on the pet name, I've started to enjoy the beatings, and she hits me where it doesn't show now, so all is well....:D

Actually I think she finds a bit of amusment in it, it came about during the wonderful time of menopause and kinda stuck.

Al

Ted Calver
08-26-2006, 11:26 PM
Ahhh menopause. I remember it well, says Ted as he quietly assumes a fetal position and begins chewing 60 grit sandpaper in the far corner of the garage.....

Corey Hallagan
08-26-2006, 11:31 PM
Awesome Al, great gloat! Nothing better than FREE! I am with you I never win nuttin!

Corey

Mark Rios
08-26-2006, 11:37 PM
That is a tremendously great gloat. WAAAAAAAYYYY TOOOOOO GOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Amazon still has the replacement blades on sale for $40.25 less 10%. Be a good time to get an extra set (or two). :rolleyes: :D

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000CCXUB/sr=8-1/qid=1156649245/ref=pd_bbs_1/104-5840411-2223918?ie=UTF8

Steve Clardy
08-26-2006, 11:38 PM
Ahhh menopause. I remember it well, says Ted as he quietly assumes a fetal position and begins chewing 60 grit sandpaper in the far corner of the garage.....

You too:confused: :confused:

I've bought more 60 grit in the last ten years----------------------

Guess I better be quiet. I'm about out of 60 grit.

Steve Clardy
08-26-2006, 11:40 PM
Beg, buy, win, find, make, all enter into the gloat pages:)

Bart Leetch
08-27-2006, 12:32 AM
"I will be taking the little shebeast out for a nice dinner tommorrow.."

So o o o do you call her that to her face????

Oh by the way nice winnings....

Randal Stevenson
08-27-2006, 2:28 AM
"I will be taking the little shebeast out for a nice dinner tommorrow.."

So o o o do you call her that to her face????

I think he was talking about feeding the planer... RIGHT;)

"No honey, I wasn't refering to you:D:confused::o:eek:"

Norman Hitt
08-27-2006, 3:54 AM
Hey Al, A "FREE TOOL" is Absolutely the BEST GLOAT of all.;) :p :D :D

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!! (from another "Never Wins Anything" person).:rolleyes:

Brad Townsend
08-27-2006, 5:01 AM
Along with the blades on sale, Amazon also has the lowest price I've seen on the "optional" (DeWalt should include them with the planer.:mad: ) infeed/outfeed tables. You will probably want them.

Vaughn McMillan
08-27-2006, 5:17 AM
"Free" makes it all the more gloatworthy. Congrats!

- Vaughn

Ron Blaise
08-27-2006, 7:04 AM
It is your wife that can gloat! I would say that you owe her big time! Better be a nice dinner :D

John Miliunas
08-27-2006, 7:32 AM
Well, Al, let's see; Finally getting a tool one wants/needs is a gloat. Finding said tool at a great price is even a better gloat. Same tool won at zero cost is a mega-gloat! Having the LOYL carry through with verifying the win and then dragging the piece home for you, to boot...Well, that's a gloat deserving of its own category! :D Congrats, my friend! (On both, the planer and a super soul mate!) :) :cool:

Al Willits
08-27-2006, 9:51 AM
Well...I don't get a chance to gloat much, so Ron if you'll forgive me I'll gloat and take her out to dinner...:D

Nice to see I'm not the only guy beaten into submission over menopause, nothing better than the little woman waking up at 3 am and informing you that she hates/loves/can't stand you/what would she do with out you/go kill yourself, gonna kill my self/you scum sucking pig/I'm so sorry for all I've put you though/you don't deserve me and why don't you understand me...not only in the same sentance, but in the same breath...
Its REALLY hard to reply to that one....:)

I'm thinking on making a cabinet (see a cabinet trend here?) for it, and making swing down table extensions for it.

It's a bit funney as this was the planer I had picked until you guys convinced me I needed a bigger one...yes I'm blaming you guys, you don't think I'm telling shebe...er....Lori that it was MY idea to spend that much money do ya?? ;)

I now am a 2 planer family and with the LOMO as in Lord of my life, has given her blessing....I have feeling this is gonna cost more than a meal....:)

Oh....its started, was just informed I'm taking her golfing this afternoon, just before din din....I'm doomed....as usual.

Al

Jim Becker
08-27-2006, 10:12 AM
...nothing better than the little woman waking up at 3 am and informing you that she hates/loves/can't stand you/what would she do with out you/go kill yourself, gonna kill my self/you scum sucking pig/I'm so sorry for all I've put you though/you don't deserve me and why don't you understand me...not only in the same sentance, but in the same breath...
Its REALLY hard to reply to that one....

Sounds like my 11 year old... ;)

John Shuk
08-27-2006, 11:20 AM
You really did it now. When your wife is angry about too much shop; time she can tell you to stay away from HER planer now.

scott spencer
08-27-2006, 11:24 AM
Great story Al, and yes, it definitely deserves a gloat because most of us won't be able to duplicate it! Congrats and enjoy!

Brad Noble
08-27-2006, 11:47 AM
Let's see, to find a nice tool is good, to buy it for pennies on the dollar is great but to aquire a tool (one that you didn't even know what it was) for free AND without effort on your part, well, what else can be said but ............

YES, it's OK for you to gloat. And I dislike you very much, BTW. :) :p :)

Have fun with it but be safe.

Brad

glenn bradley
08-27-2006, 1:55 PM
I would send your wife everytime from now on, even if you are available. She and lady-luck obviously have an accord.

Bruce Page
08-27-2006, 2:45 PM
A quality tool for free? That's the best gloat there is!

Congrats!

Jerry Olexa
08-27-2006, 6:28 PM
YES u can gloat.....Enjoy your windfall

Gary Herrmann
08-27-2006, 7:20 PM
Congrats, Al. We went to the WC here in STL. We didn't win anything, but Rick - one of the guys that works there, gave my son a pirate hat (it was a treasure chest theme). So we did ok too.