PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly G0555 14" Bandsaw

Ernie Kuhn
02-24-2003, 6:18 PM
I am replacing 10 yr old Craftsman 12" bandsaw.
Any owner input re: Grizzly G0555 with 6" Riser for resaw?
Help!

Robert Henderson
02-24-2003, 6:35 PM
Having seen one in action I must say it's hard to see how they could build such a good band saw for that price. I plan on driving up to Muncy next month to buy one myself.

Robert

Ernie Kuhn
02-25-2003, 8:04 PM
Robert,
I will probably order mine out of the Bellingham, WA facility some time in March. Its a bout a 4 1/2 hour drive one way. The $55
shipping fee does not seem extravagant when balanced against 9 hours in a pickup, plus fuel, etc, etc.

I will be getting the riser block and ultimately one of the Timberwolf blades for resawing and will wire the motor for 220volt as I have two outlets in the shop.

Let me know what luck you have with yours.
Ernie

Doug Cowan
02-26-2003, 3:29 PM
I am also very interested in the saw. On the 19th, I sent an email to Grizzly customer service asking about availability of both the saw and the riser kit. I also asked for contact info on G0555 owners in my area. The good news is there is one guy only a few miles away. I haven't contacted him yet. The bad news is that both the saw and the riser are on backorder for approximately 6 -8 weeks.

So much for instant gratification.

Ernie Kuhn
02-28-2003, 4:06 PM
Doug,
Don't dispare about delivery time. Friend of mine ordered one about two weeks ago, was told the same thing. We just picked his up at the freight forwarders terminal. They would have delivered it on Monday but he was anxious. The 6" riser block is back ordered.

Scott Stefanoski
02-28-2003, 5:18 PM
It seems like a great saw. I ordered one when they first came out. After 10 weeks, I called and they said it would be another 6-8 weeks I cancelled and got a Jet. I have been very happy with the jet.

The people that have ordered and received those saws love them. Apparently the shipping is not a big issue on the saw now. (I ordered mine during the dock strike). The riser blocks have been a source of much dismay. They seem frever back ordered.

My only concern with getting one comes from the fact that a bandsaw is great, a riser block is even better. If you use a bandsaw without a riser block for a while and start to accumulate blades, keep in mind they will be useless with a riser block.

Good luck hope you get a saw you like.