PDA

View Full Version : What you folks caused..................

Ken Fitzgerald
08-26-2006, 7:22 PM
Well........not quite two weeks ago, my oldest son and his BIL dropped a nice birch tree in his front yard. I had him leave about 8' of the base of the tree in one piece. Today.........I revived my old chain saw and here's what I got.................my first stash..................

I didn't have any sealer so.......I broke out the latex paint and got with it. It's already sealed and tomorrow I plan on making some bowl blanks.......

Corey Hallagan
08-26-2006, 7:28 PM
Alright Ken! I bet you have that "stash" turned in no time!

Corey

Bernie Weishapl
08-26-2006, 8:28 PM
Heck Ken that ain't no stash. You'll have that turned by next weekend.:eek: :D Thats some nice looking wood.

Doug Jones
08-26-2006, 8:34 PM
You did good,,, good score.

Henry C. Gernhardt, III
08-27-2006, 3:06 AM
Great score, Ken!

John Miliunas
08-27-2006, 7:42 AM
Whatchya' mean by, "...what we caused"??? Oh, I see: You've gotten on the old "Recycle" bandwagon! :D Yeah, you see, we're nothing but a bunch of eco-minded, earth-loving hippies, trying to do our part in contributing to "Sustainable Forestry". Yeah, that's it! :D :cool:

Ken Fitzgerald
08-27-2006, 2:04 PM
John............If it wasn't for the lathe I was given.....it would probably been another 7 years before that old McCollach was started!:D

Steve Clardy
08-27-2006, 2:30 PM
Addiction is a bad thing.:eek:
But then addiction is a good thing.:D

I think yer addicted Ken.;)

Next I'll see you building a wood stash shed because your new shop is full.:D

Next I'll read on the news where your neighbors suddenly lost all of the trees on their property overnight:eek:

Then I'll hear some gossip about you have a huge backlog on your Honey-do-list. That can be bad. [I know:o ]

Then. Well------------time will tell;) :D :D :D

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
08-27-2006, 3:46 PM
.................... Next I'll read on the news where your neighbors suddenly lost all of the trees on their property overnight:eek:...............

FYI........ a length of hose and a big bucket of water makes the chainsaw VERY quiet to run at night.......... DAMHIK :rolleyes: :D

Looks good Ken, should be extra fun to see how that birch wood turns, as you got it yourself !! :)

Cheers!

Andy Hoyt
08-27-2006, 4:30 PM
Stand by for a "I just did my first sopping wet roughout" gloat.

Outta be a doozey!

Steve Clardy
08-27-2006, 6:06 PM
Stand by for a "I just did my first sopping wet roughout" gloat.

Outta be a doozey!

:eek:
Copy that aberrsaterator leader.

Full face shield on.

Ernie Nyvall
08-28-2006, 8:07 PM
Alright Ken, great gloat!

Barry Stratton
08-28-2006, 8:10 PM
Great gloat Ken!!! But,........it's been a couple days........where's the rough out pics??????:confused:

Ken Fitzgerald
08-28-2006, 8:21 PM
Uh.........I went to a concert Saturday evening.....had one too many Coors....Slept yersterday....................Tonight......It's time to try some of that birch! Just got SWMBO's approval.

Dennis Peacock
08-28-2006, 11:50 PM
You go Ken..!!!!!!! That orta be some nice turning stock for sure!!!! Congrats on the wood find. I bet you gave that chainsaw a workout that it hasn't seen in a long time eh? ;) :D

Bernie Weishapl
08-28-2006, 11:54 PM
Ken, Ken, Ken I think it is to much looking down and shaking your head. I thought for sure it would be all roughed by now.:eek: :D Well ok at least a couple of rough outs.

Ken Fitzgerald
08-29-2006, 12:28 AM
Bernie, Bernie, Bernie..........I really intended on turning some of that birch tonight but little Riley came by to visit Great Grandpa..........So this is Ken in Idaho looking down....at little Riley and rocking to and fro.............:D

Barry Stratton
08-29-2006, 3:08 AM
.... this is Ken in Idaho looking down....at little Riley and rocking to and fro.............:D

Okay, I'll let you off the hook for that...but.....get one of those snugglie thingies........strap him on.....and get to spinning.....never too early to start `em. Besides, maybe Riley can turn a bonker and show up Frank and Thongman......

Ken Fitzgerald
08-29-2006, 8:14 AM
I'd hate to have a little 5 week old granddaughter turn a bonker before Frank and Tyler! It would be found embarrassing by the MOA!:D

Andy Hoyt
08-29-2006, 9:06 AM
No it wouldn't.

Git-r-done.:D