and our wives and such. He was very personable and is an exceptionally
nice guy that is easy to talk to. I'm sure he gets tired of people such as I
asking questions on "how to do this" or "how do you do that", about some
woodworking questions but I honestly think he enjoys it. I don't think I
could have meet a nice person.

Dave.

Doug Jones
08-26-2006, 7:11 PM
I met Steve Clardy a couple of times. He's a very knowledgeable woodworker and a great story teller.

Never met the two you mentioned but I'm sure they are decent people.

John Miliunas
08-26-2006, 7:26 PM
Sounds like a great time, Dave. I've never met either, though I have met several of our own SMC "greats"! :D David Marks will be in town, to do some seminars at our store in October and I'm hoping to, at least, meet him, though I'm trying to figure out a way to actually attend the classes! :) :cool:

Ken Fitzgerald
08-26-2006, 7:38 PM
Dave..........Congrats! Sounds like a great time with both of those knowledgeable fellows!

Doug..........Who's Steve Clardy?:confused: :rolleyes: :D .........and why are you whining about meeting him?:eek: :D

Mark Rios
08-26-2006, 7:53 PM
I've got a cousin in South Dakota.

Jim Becker
08-26-2006, 9:28 PM
Very kewel. I have had the pleasure of meeting David at an AAW Symposium a couple years ago and had a nice chat. Genuine nice fellow. Santa Rosa CA where he lives and works is also a beautiful area.

I haven't met Norm yet...one of these days maybe...

Andy Hoyt
08-26-2006, 10:40 PM
Back in my Navy days, the ship puts in for beer call at NYC for a few days. Somehow or another Ahnold shows up late one afternoon and demos a bunch of exercise stuff on the flight deck. He trips and skins his knee on the non-skid. As the duty doc that day, I got to sew him up. Lemme tell you, that guy can scream good!

Steve Clardy
08-26-2006, 11:34 PM
>opening door peeking in<

;) :D

Jim O'Dell
08-27-2006, 10:18 AM
I didn't talk to David Marks last Dec. at the show here, but I sat and listened to him talk to many people, and saw how he interacted with them. He is a genuine person, down to earth, and very responsive. I talked some and took a couple of classes at the show with Kelly Mehr. He is also very down to earth and easy to talk to. Very willing to help in anyway he can. They are both exceptional role models for woodworkers to emulate, both in skills and personalities. Jim.