PDA

View Full Version : N. Tx Bbq

Steve Jenkins
08-26-2006, 8:39 AM
I haven't heard from many people yet so thought I'd post a reminder about the bbq that is coming up on the first weekend in Oct. We have had great turnouts in the past and hope for a bunch this year too.
my email is stevejenkins@peoplepc.com
I am now a bit outside McKinney about 15 minutes from Mike at Curly Woods.
I hope to see a crowd. Steve

Martin Shupe
08-26-2006, 2:35 PM
Steve, could you post the dates? Saturday is September 30, and Sunday is October 1. Could be a little confusion about which weekend it is.

I hope I can make it if I don't have to work.

Steve Jenkins
08-26-2006, 6:48 PM
That would be the weekend of Oct. 7 & 8

Steve Jenkins
08-27-2006, 5:18 PM
It seems that all the other bbqs around people show up on Fri. evening, all day sat and some on Sunday.
In the past here it has only been on Sat. that anyone was around. I plan for the Fri., Sat., Sun. deal but if you want to come on Sat. only that is fine.
It is open to anyone who reads this and your family and friends. It's potluck for side dishes and desserts so bring something if you like. I will have someone doing the bbq-ing. In the past Stephen Stokes and his brother have cooked a whole pig. I'm trying to contact him now to see if they are available again this year.
I don't really have any activities scheduled but typically a few people bring small lathes and there is an abundance of good story telling and my shop will be open to all. we can have some demo's and hands on on some different things ie 10ft. sliding table saw, EZ Smart guided circ. saw and router system horizontal slot mortiser, and anything else you see that you are curious about.