PDA

View Full Version : Gloat? I hope!!!

Bobby McCarley
08-24-2006, 10:14 PM
Been looking for a vacuum pump for awhile. Finally got this one on E-Bay for the incredible price of 9.99. The shipping was way more than the pump. Not sure if it works yet, haven't had a chance to get it wired up with a new cord. Has anyone had any experience with type of set up? What about replacement filters for it? Can the system be used as set up or would it be better to just use the pump itself? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Bobby
Louisiana

Mark Cothren
08-24-2006, 10:35 PM
Looks like you hit a home run to me, Bobby! That looks just like the pump I have and it works like a charm.

I don't know about replacing the filters. I just use one filter on my setup. But I got my pump and set it up based on Travis' recommendations.

Congrats!

Travis Stinson
08-24-2006, 10:36 PM
Bobby, that is DEFINITELY a gloat!:D I have the same setup, you will be able to use everything as is with a little re-arranging of parts.

Bobby McCarley
08-24-2006, 10:53 PM
Thanks fellows.
Travis, did your setup have a backpressure regulator on it and if so, is it needed?

Bobby
Louisiana

Travis Stinson
08-24-2006, 11:28 PM
Bobby, it did and you can ditch that part. I sent you some pics of my layout.

John Miliunas
08-25-2006, 12:10 PM
Bobby, it did and you can ditch that part. I sent you some pics of my layout.

Bobby, super gloat! :D I think that particular configuration is finding its way into a lot of turners' shops!

Travis, could you possibly send along some pics to me, as well? I'm hoping to attack my setup in the near future. Thanks! :) :cool:

Jim Bell
08-25-2006, 8:01 PM
I basically have the same setup. Mine has only one filter and it does need to be cleaned occassionally. I felt great about getting mine for$90.00. I talked to a lady at Oneway and she felt it was the same pump they sell for around $379.00. I would strongly recommend a vacum gauge. It may stop a premptive strike from a bowl or platter. I bought the complete Oneway system except for the pump. I wont use my system without the gauge.
Jim

Jim Becker
08-25-2006, 9:33 PM
Gloat with a capital "OAT"!!! Nice!!