PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Shelving

Boyd Gathwright
08-24-2006, 9:49 PM
Mobile Shelving

.... A fellow I play racquetball with two, three times a week, gave me one of two shelving racks. His company threw this machine away and a number of employees salvaged about ten of these racks one of which I received. I mounted it on a mobile base made from; oak, pine and plywood with five inch wheels. Because the bottoms of each shelf is fabricated with approximately 3/16” heavy gauge square wire, I think I will use this badly needed shelving to store most of my “Blow Mole Plastic Containers” like the type your air guns, Forstner drill bits, etc, come in. Ref pics

:)

Norman Hitt
08-25-2006, 1:58 AM
Boyd, that is a great find. Those racks are so handy for many different uses in the shop. They can be used for drying racks (after finishing), useable scrap storage where you can keep the different types of wood scraps sorted yet easy to get to, and my favorite is to store project pieces on and keep them organized while you move them around the shop for the various milling operations and on to final assembly. I especially like the fact that each of those shelves pull out, making things easy to get to without marring them. As I said before, that's a great find. I've been keeping my eyes open for something like this for 2 years but haven't lucked out on one yet.