PDA

View Full Version : Not woodworking, but a great video

Fred Voorhees
08-24-2006, 9:14 PM
You guys might remember my asking you to cast votes for Billy Pauch Jr. at a particular website a couple of months ago. Tuesday night, his old man, who I used to do quite a bit of press work for, pulled off another stunning upset in racing here in the Northeast. He was offered a ride in one of the areas top notch sprint cars. Sprint cars are some of the baddest racing machines in the country. Billy Sr. used to race these regularly each week, but hasn't been in one in over two years. He had three laps practice in the car and started ninth, behind all of the area hot dogs who race week in and week out in these things. Need I say, he pulled off a stunning upset at this track in Central Pennsylvania. If anyone is interested in taking a look at the video, click on the website below and then click on the Grandview speedway video highlights which should appear right on your screen when the site pulls up. By the way, he's in the red #77.

http://www.jerseyracing.com/

Bruce Page
08-24-2006, 9:35 PM
He sure knows how to get around a racetrack!
Great race Fred, Thanks

Tom Hintz
08-25-2006, 2:49 AM
I worked for many years at racing magazines and Billy was always one of the guys you paid attention to. He's one of a very small group of great drivers that never got the nascar-style fame they deserve far more than the nascar guys.