PDA

View Full Version : Norm gets arrested?

David Ripley
10-05-2003, 4:33 PM
Thought you all might get a kick out of this. It's from the Spokane WA. Spokesman Review. David (thanks to my sister for e-mailing this to me, she lives in WA.)
Friday, October 3, 2003

Spokane

Cops collar cardboard cutout in garage burglary

From staff reports

Spokane Valley Police Department officers descended on a home in the Ponderosa neighborhood Thursday morning, guns drawn, and successfully detained a life-size cardboard cutout of Norm Abram without incident.

Officers were called to the home on East 48th shortly after 10 a.m. for a reported burglary in progress. A woman called Crime Check and said her garage door was open and she could see a man standing there, said police department spokesman Cpl. Dave Reagan.

The woman said her dog was barking, but the man was not moving. She described him as thin, 6 feet tall and wearing a dark shirt and blue jeans.

Officers Aaron Childress and Jim Reed responded with Sgt. Martin O'Leary. After they closed in on the garage, they discovered the suspected burglar was a cardboard representation of Abram, the popular carpenter on the "This Old House" and "The New Yankee Workshop" television shows.

The woman apparently did not know the cutout was in the garage, Reagan said.

Don Farr
10-05-2003, 5:19 PM
That's FUNNY! Uhhhhh I think :D

Carl Eyman
10-05-2003, 8:40 PM
Do you think swomeone should post it on the New Yankee site? I'm not computer literate enough to be sure I'd get it right.

Bob Oswin
10-05-2003, 9:57 PM
Thought you all might get a kick out of this.

Spokane Valley Police Department officers descended on a home in the Ponderosa neighborhood Thursday morning, guns drawn, and successfully detained a life-size cardboard cutout of Norm Abram without incident.
Reagan said.
Someone should arrest him or the cable co. for all the re runs they keep feeding us.
Talk about over exposure!

bob

Brad Schafer
10-06-2003, 7:39 AM
heh - musta been an old one. last i saw norm, he was looking rather portly (at least he had a little bit of "dunlop" disease going),

b