PDA

View Full Version : A lighthearted Look at "Demotivation"

Jim Becker
08-24-2006, 3:18 PM
A business associate pointed me at this humorous look at "corporate de-motivation" called Addressing Employee Complaints (first video listed) which is set in a call center environment. (my business) Good chuckle...

J

http://www.despair.com/spin.html

Ken Salisbury
08-24-2006, 3:32 PM
I absolutely love it. Maybe it should be mandatory viewing for all of our TOS complainers :D :)

Glenn Clabo
08-24-2006, 4:18 PM
Perfect Jim...it's going to put on our manditory training schedule at the office.

John Shuk
08-24-2006, 4:36 PM
It would be even funnier if it didn't reflect the current state of affairs.;)

Lee DeRaud
08-24-2006, 4:37 PM
Maybe it should be mandatory viewing for all of our TOS complainers :D :) Hey, you want to treat us like employees? By all means, go for it.

But I'm pretty sure we have enough Dilbert fans here to make that a Really Bad Idea™.:D

Jim Becker
08-24-2006, 8:08 PM
It would be even funnier if it didn't reflect the current state of affairs.

Yea...both at customers and many companies that folks work for! I was in a meeting not long ago where the customer was still using PBX code from about 1992 in one location. Not even supported for years! (Of course, the fact that they could do that was pretty impressive...) And here I am anxiously waiting for my fiber to the prem (Verizon FIOS) at my house. :o Ever hear of that? ;):D

Dennis Peacock
08-24-2006, 8:28 PM
Funny, very funny.......but I wouldn't want to work for a worm like that.

Hello, Welcome to Wal-Mart....Wanna buggy? :rolleyes: :D

Jim Becker
08-24-2006, 8:40 PM
Um, Dennis...'seems to me that you, um...get a bit of "de-motivation" at the real job all the time! Maybe "the worm" is a consultant...

W Craig Wilson
08-24-2006, 9:18 PM
Hmmm I wonder what he has to say about health insurance?

Lee DeRaud
08-24-2006, 9:37 PM
Um, Dennis...'seems to me that you, um...get a bit of "de-motivation" at the real job all the time! Maybe "the worm" is a consultant...Or a DOD GS17 with delusions of competency. DAMHIKT

Matt Meiser
08-24-2006, 9:54 PM
Despair.com is great. A guy in the IT dept. at one of our clients a few years back and I used to trade links from there on a regular basis. They always seemed to apply to the project we were working on at the time. A year later, a director at GM that I was working on a project for had a couple of the posters in his office.

John Miliunas
08-24-2006, 10:34 PM
Spot on with a few management-type folk that I know & sadly, kind of work under! :eek: :D :cool:

Bruce Shiverdecker
08-24-2006, 11:45 PM
I hate to say it, Jim, but, I believe that there is a lot of truth to that. I'm glad I got out when I did! It's nice to be your own boss, when you can tell yourself that you don't really have to work today, if you don't want to. Course, if woodworking was my only income, that would be a different story!

Bruce

Vaughn McMillan
08-24-2006, 11:57 PM
I've been a fan of Despair.com for a long time. Their Demotivators (http://www.despair.com/viewall.html)posters are great.

- Vaughn