PDA

View Full Version : Tool Gloat & ?

John M. Cioffi
08-24-2006, 2:21 PM
Just received my package of Bowclamps! :D Got the 2' & 3' packs. These things ave got to be sweet. Can't wait for some shop time. ALso got the Beall 3" bowl buffs & some other things. Pics will follow.
My newest tool will be - either the Porter Cable or the Bosch Colt, laminate trim router.
My question to all who know is; what is the better machine of the two - and why? I can't decide which one,although I usually would lean towards the Porter Cable. Anyone have/use these?
Thanks for the imput.
John

Brad Townsend
08-24-2006, 2:47 PM
The early Colts had centering issues with the base. I know because I returned one for that reason. Supposedly, that issue has been resolved and the more recent production runs are living up to the hype. Don't know anything about the PCs. I replaced my Colt with a Ridgid, which I'm very happy with and, unlike the Colt, will accept PC style guides right out of the box. The Ridgid however, does not offer any alternative bases like the PC and Bosch do.

Bob Noles
08-24-2006, 6:18 PM
John,

You are going to love those bowclamps. I have had mine a couple of months now and don't know how I lived without them. As for your choice of trim router, I had to make that decision last year and so I called on Pat Warner the router expert for advice. I ended up going with the PC7310 and have not been sorry since.

http://www.patwarner.com/index.html

Dick Bringhurst
08-24-2006, 6:58 PM
I have the PC 310. I'm very happy with it. Dick B.

John M. Cioffi
08-25-2006, 6:55 AM
Thanks everyone for your replies. I will look at the PC again.
It's probably a better machine, but costs less than the bosch.
John