PDA

View Full Version : Ft. Washington PA WoodWorks Show

Dan McLaughlin
10-05-2003, 11:28 AM
Oct 31 to Nov 2. Have any Creekers attended the show (or in any of the oterh cities)? I was wondering how good the workshops and lectures are for the money? I'm going but haven't decided whether to go Sat or Sun. Anyone else planning to attend and either walk the floor or attend a lecture/workshop? If so, when are you going? Maybe we can get together for breakfast?

Jim Becker
10-05-2003, 12:01 PM
Dan, the Woodworks shows are pretty good...they're rejuvinating the quality of shows. Ft Washington was great last year and it should be better this year. I don't know about the demos specifically, but the folks lined up are all top notch. A friend of mine attended the pre-show turning event last year and also spoke highly of it.

I'll more than likely be attending on Sunday this year as I have a large piece of equipment to take home at the end of the day. But if you set up a meal on any of the days, let me know and I'll make every effort to attend! I like food as much as woodworking it seems... :rolleyes:

Bryan Nuss
10-05-2003, 7:20 PM
Oct 31 to Nov 2. Have any Creekers attended the show (or in any of the oterh cities)? I was wondering how good the workshops and lectures are for the money? I'm going but haven't decided whether to go Sat or Sun. Anyone else planning to attend and either walk the floor or attend a lecture/workshop? If so, when are you going? Maybe we can get together for breakfast?

Hello Dan,

I will be attending on Saturday and have signed up for the 12:30 p.m. Router Table Magic lecture/workshop. My wife I plan to arrive there at 10:00 a.m. for a walkaround. Why don't we meet at least for a coffee then or after the demo?

I have never attended one of these shows or workshops (other than Shopsmith's lathe turning seminar in Baltimore a couple months ago).

Bryan in Bear, DE

Charles McKinley
10-05-2003, 9:00 PM
Hi Dan,

I attended the finishing seminar and the marketing seminar at the Harrisburgh show. I felt I recieved a good value for the money. I haven't made it to show in a larger city. The Pittsburgh and the Hirrisburgh show are fairly small.

I also found the free mini seminar very interesting.

Know your prices before you go. I didn't find any super bargins. Jointech and Kreg throw in some nice perks (vidos, clamps, etc) in thier package deals.

I'm at the other end of the state so I doubt I will make it out this year.

Bill Grumbine
10-06-2003, 8:08 AM
Hi Dan

I anticipate being there, although I will be working. I don't know the time yet, but when I find out, I will post it here so anyone coming in can stop and say hello if they so desire.

Bill

Dan Bussiere
10-06-2003, 9:45 AM
Hi Dan,
I went to last years show in Ft Washington. I enjoyed the walkaround and some of the displays are great. I've never signed up for any seminars before, and probably won't, but I have heard that they are worth the time. I will be there Sat for sure and wearing my SMC hat. Hope to see some more SMC hats there!
Dan

Harry Pye
10-06-2003, 7:07 PM
Dan,

Several of the folks on rec.crafts.woodturning went last year and were disappointed. They paid for the symposiums and enjoyed what they saw. But they saw the same people demonstrating in the main area of the show and answering questions too.

I went on both Friday and Sunday and thoroughly enjoyed myself. Just at the show and not the symposiums. There weren't too many people on Sunday and you had the opportunity to really hold a conversation with some of the dealers.

Hope this helps,

Harry