PDA

View Full Version : Clear cactus Jr. Gent

Curtis O. Seebeck
08-24-2006, 1:33 AM
This is the first Jr. Gent pen I have made. It is clear prickly pear cactus with the tubes painted black. I like the Jr. Gent but think I would prefer the posting end piece instead of the taper.

Which picture do you prefer, the white or black background? Thanks.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a340/MesquiteMan/clearcactusgent6.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a340/MesquiteMan/clearcactusgent1.jpg

Henry C. Gernhardt, III
08-24-2006, 3:13 AM
Curtis, that is absolutely lovely. I really enjoy seeing your prickly pear pens.

Vaughn McMillan
08-24-2006, 3:53 AM
Great work, Curtis. As far as your backdrop question, that's a tough one. I think it'd depend on the mood you're trying to portray as you display it, and the public you're displaying it to. To me, the white backdrop gives a lighter, cleaner look, but the black one seems more mysterious and luxurious. At the risk of sounding sexist, I'd think the lighter version would appeal more to women (in general), and the darker version would appeal more to men (also in general).

Either way, I think you're onto something hot here. These pens should sell well.

- Vaughn

Jack Ferrell
08-24-2006, 3:55 AM
That looks fantastic. Oh, and I like the second picture better.

Horst Hohoff
08-24-2006, 4:08 AM
Hello Curtis,
Great work on the pen! As for the pictures, it really is a bit tough, specially because the arrangement of the pen is different. My favourite is the black one, and I think this arrangement wouldn't look as good with a white background. The white one looks more neutral to me, while the black one gives the pen a touch of luxury, as Vaughn has already said.
Horst

Jim Stoppleworth
08-24-2006, 5:07 AM
Beautiful pen! Call me old fashioned but I like the first picture better.

Jim

Claude Arragon
08-24-2006, 5:41 AM
That is just SPLENDID!
CONGRATULATION

Raymond Overman
08-24-2006, 7:32 AM
That's awesome Curtis. I personally like the black background but as Vaughn said, it's probably because I'm a dude.

Jeff Moffett
08-24-2006, 8:37 AM
Beautiful pen, Curtis. The black background is definitely a great looking shot, but if you're looking for the best shot to sell the pen, I'd go with the white background. In this particular case, the white background gives the viewer more information about the product. The composition allows you to see things such as the pen cap and tip, and the white background lets you more clearly see the pen shape.

Bernie Weishapl
08-24-2006, 10:07 AM
That is beautiful Curtis. I really like that pen. Nice job.

Gary DeWitt
08-24-2006, 12:47 PM
Great looking pen. I like the white background but I like the second presentation better, with the pen together. The piece of cactus gives one an idea where the material comes from.
Both pics would sell the pen, though, to different customers.

Travis Stinson
08-24-2006, 7:04 PM
Curtis, I love your Cactus pens. As far as the pics, I have to go with the dramatic black.:cool:

Myrel Willeford
08-24-2006, 8:15 PM
The pen is beautiful! The white photo displays the pen so well showing every detail! The other photo is elegant and reminds me of looking at a blond with her hail sprawled on black silk sheets.:D

Curt Fuller
08-24-2006, 8:28 PM
The cactus pens are incredible. As for the pics, I can't really see any reason one is better than the other except for personal preference. Maybe the white background allows you to better see that the pen is clear??

Hank Merkle
08-24-2006, 8:41 PM
I agree, both backgrounds look good. What might be nice is to take pictures on numerous backgrounds (red, tan, black mottled (like a photographer) I found a blue mottled fabric at walmart and use it over a cardboard box and eveyone thinks (aside from the lighting) that the pictures were taken in a studio!
I have hung a few up and I have left a few as a slid show on the computer - when you walk away and walk up on it is when a picture can really make an impression and it tends to be momentarially un biased - so you see what a buyer sees for just a split second!

Just my thoughts!