PDA

View Full Version : DC bin bag required? (impending gloat)

Ben Grunow
08-23-2006, 9:57 PM
As the title says- Is a bag in the DC bin required? I would rather just dump the bin if not and skip the bags.

I am also thinking that if no bag is required, I will install my DC so the bin sits at about the same height as my trucks tailgate since that's where it will be going when it's full. Or at least it will be easier to dump the bin into another can when it's full.

Dust Gorilla has shipped!

Jim Becker
08-23-2006, 10:14 PM
I have never even thought about putting a bag in my cyclone bin...but then again, I just put the bin in the loader of the tractor and drive to where I'm going to dump it; usually the compost pile, but sometimes the paths of the garden. I guess if you are faced with putting it in the trash, then the bags could be a reasonable idea for convenience...

Bob Michaels
08-23-2006, 10:39 PM
One of the nicest upgrades I did to my 3 horse Oneida system was to add their device which allows plastic liners to be used in the dust bin. Prior to the upgrade, dust flew all over the place trying to empty the bin into a plastic bag. The upgrade is a small air pump that keeps the bags from being sucked into the system. When the bag is full I wind up the open end, wrap duct tape around the "neck", and remove it. Love that upgrade. Then too, I live in a populated village, and need to put the dust out for the trash collector.

Bob Reda
08-24-2006, 6:59 AM
Bob,

I to just installed the pump to my oneida dc. If you have to toss out the dust, that is the only way to go.

Bob