PDA

View Full Version : Looking For Wood In Temecula Ca.

chester stidham
08-23-2006, 7:19 PM
I am looking for a good soruce for hardwood in the Temecula area so ar no luck any one from this area have any thoughts.

Don Baer
08-23-2006, 7:24 PM
Chester,
I think you closest supplier would be Reel Lumber in Riverside. Their on Chicago Street 1 block North of University.

www.Reellumber.com (http://www.Reellumber.com).

I bought a lot of wood from them when I lived over there.

Andrew Ault
08-23-2006, 9:42 PM
...just an hour south...

Frost Hardwood is on Miramar Road in San Diego, near 805.

6565 Miramar Road
San Diego, CA 92121
858-455-9060; 800-258-3534
FAX 858-455-0455
www.frosthardwood.com (http://www.frosthardwood.com/)

TH&H is a block north of the Miramar MCAS north gate.

9040 Activity Road, Bldg. E
San Diego, CA 92126
858-536-1800; FAX 858-569-8448
www.th-h.com (http://www.th-h.com/)

Tropical Exotic Hardwood

2270-B Camino Vida Roble
Carlsbad, CA 92009
760-434-3030; FAX 760-434-5423
www.anexotichardwood.com (http://www.anexotichardwood.com/)

Cut and Dried Hardwood

241 So. Cedros Avenue
Solana Beach, CA 92075
858-481-0442; FAX 858-481-2949
www.cutanddriedhardwood.com (http://www.cutanddriedhardwood.com/)

Frost is the biggest with a huge warehouse. T H & H has a large selection of cabinet materials and also carries hardware and tools. Cut and Dried is smaller, but a nice place to visit.

I have not been to Tropical Exotic HW, but hear it is amazing.

Don Baer
08-23-2006, 9:52 PM
Andy,
Where you been. I thought youd dropped off the face of the earth. Good to see ya posting again.

Andrew Ault
08-23-2006, 10:00 PM
Don,

Thanks. I've been in the woodshed and have been avoiding the web.

I probably have a few more months of work before devoting much time to other things. Meeting Sam M. caused me to reevaluate how I spend my time, to concentrate on what is important to me.

I trust and hope that all is well with you.

All the best,
Andy

Don Baer
08-23-2006, 10:27 PM
Don,
Meeting Sam M. caused me to reevaluate how I spend my time, to concentrate on what is important to me.
Andy

Yea Sam has that effect on people. I am in the process of getting my ducks in line so I can become a full time woodworker. That was part of my reason for moving out of the high rent district in California to a much more affordable life style.

Please stay in touch.

Don

Craig Coney
08-23-2006, 11:02 PM
Hanks Hardware on Enterprise Circle carries sheet goods and some solid stock in a limited basis. They can probably bring in what you are looking for from Reel if you don't want to drive to Anaheim or Riverside. Try Cherokee in Upland or Petersons in Rialto or Fontana, or Lane Stanton-Vance in San Marcos, Baker in Chula Vista. As others have said, Reel, Austin, TH&H, Cut & Dried. Rugby building products in Fontana if you are a business or trade customer.

Michael Cody
08-23-2006, 11:16 PM
Go to Woodfinder.Com (http://www.woodfinder.com) and type in your zip code.. it will list various wood sellers..

MacBeath Hardwood Company Perris CA (0 miles)
Rockler Woodworking and Hardware #26 Ontario CA (75 miles)
Tropical Exotic Hardwoods Carlsbad CA (83 miles)
Cut & Dried Hardwood Solana Beach CA (86 miles)
Rockler Woodworking and Hardware #6 San Diego CA (91 miles)
Rockler Woodworking and Hardware #20 Orange CA (98 miles)
Woodcraft - Stanton, CA Stanton CA (98 miles)
Bohnhoff Lumber Co, Inc. Los Angeles CA (124 miles)
Integrity Wood Products, Inc. Canoga Park CA (128 miles)
Floor Supply and Equipment Co. Los Angeles CA (128 miles)

Don Baer
08-23-2006, 11:37 PM
OK let me rate them as I see em.
MacBeath Hardwood Company Perris CA (0 miles)

Don't know em. Never bee there

Rockler Woodworking and Hardware #26 Ontario CA (75 miles)

Over priced and not enough choices

Tropical Exotic Hardwoods Carlsbad CA (83 miles)

Never been there so cant comment> heard they were $$$

Cut & Dried Hardwood Solana Beach CA (86 miles)

I'll leave this one up to Andy

Rockler Woodworking and Hardware #6 San Diego CA (91 miles)

See #2 above

See # 2 above

See #2 above

Bohnhoff Lumber Co, Inc. Los Angeles CA (124 miles)

Never been there but a loooong drive, I hear ther good

Integrity Wood Products, Inc. Canoga Park CA (128 miles)

I hear there good but never been there

Floor Supply and Equipment Co. Los Angeles CA (128 miles

It's a long drive for flooring

I still stick with Reel lumber

Lee DeRaud
08-24-2006, 12:57 AM
Whoever on Woodfinder came up with those distances is smoking crack. According to Mapquest:
Temecula -> Rockler = 57 miles
Temecula -> Woodcraft = 70 miles

(I would have sworn there was more difference than that coming from where I am (which is on the way), but that's mostly due to the current state of the 22 freeway.)

David Briski
08-24-2006, 6:35 PM
If your comming all the way to O.C. I like Austin Hardwoods. Its in Santa Ana across from the train station. Reel is a little cheaper on some stuff, but Austin has the prices right there for you to see where you have to ask for current prices at Reel.

Lee DeRaud
08-24-2006, 7:58 PM
If your comming all the way to O.C. I like Austin Hardwoods. Its in Santa Ana across from the train station. Reel is a little cheaper on some stuff, but Austin has the prices right there for you to see where you have to ask for current prices at Reel.Yup. The selection at Austin also seems to be better most of the time. (Well, at least if you're talking about the Anaheim location for Reel...never been to the one in Riverside.)

Distance-wise, Austin is about halfway between the Orange Rockler and the Stanton Woodcraft. There's also a Harbor Freight in Santa Ana more-or-less on the way if you're really in the shopping mood.:D

Michael Cody
08-24-2006, 10:43 PM
Whoever on Woodfinder came up with those distances is smoking crack. According to Mapquest:
Temecula -> Rockler = 57 miles
Temecula -> Woodcraft = 70 miles

(I would have sworn there was more difference than that coming from where I am (which is on the way), but that's mostly due to the current state of the 22 freeway.)

Use to frequent Temecula every 2-3 weeks back in 98 .. we merged with Borg Warner Industrial Pump Seal Division... not sure of the distances but then I didn't do woodworking out there.. found some good Thai food though! Not to mention some good wine.

I can't rate those sites, only know that at least woodfinder will point you in some direction.