PDA

View Full Version : Great Tech Support-Kelton Industries

Hilel Salomon
08-23-2006, 4:48 PM
If you're like me, the older you get the less patient you are with horrific tech support. Now, when it's time to change computers, I call up the company's tech support and see how long I'm going to wait and how intelligible the person is. If he/she says that the answer to any problem is to reformat my drive, I look for another company. Consumers Report does a fairly good job with most things, but I sure wish there were an evaluation forum for woodworkers' tool companies and mail order companies. I'm lucky. My local woodworkers' shop-Mann Tool and Supply in Columbia is fabulous, on advice, price and repair. I've also had good luck with Highland Hardware, Packard, Lee Valley and a few others. My dealings with Woodcraft and Craft Supplies have been excellent. If you would like, I'd be happy to email you the not so good ones and the good or bad manufacturing companies. I did want to share with you a truly felicitous experience with Kelton Industries.
I bought a hollowing jig from Woodcraft some time ago but-as with many of my tools- never got around to opening it. When I did, the manual and certain parts were missing. Woodcraft no longer carried the item and a very polite person told me that he had no manuals and no way to get any of the items to me. An email to Kelton Industries -and a subsequent follow-up- resulted in a phone call from Kel McNaughton (from NZ) with lots of advice and a promise to send manual, parts and whatever promptly. I like that in a company. When I get the hollowing jig up and running, I'll let you know how I fared. Regards, HB

Mark Rios
08-23-2006, 5:35 PM
And that's all it takes for a company to build a large, happy customer base that tells their frinds and family to buy frm them. That's the way good businesses are built IMO.

WTG HB