PDA

View Full Version : Clip Top 120 spacing clarification please.......

Mark Rios
08-23-2006, 11:56 AM
I'm having a little trouble understanding the instructions for this hinge.

Face Frame cabinets, Full inset doors, 3/4" thick material.

Please tell me if this is correct or not; The magic number is 9mm (?). The gap between the door stile and the cabinet stile PLUS the distance from the edge of the door stile to the hinge cup hole must equal 9mm (?). Is this correct?

So, in other words, I determine my gap. Then I subtract that number from 9mm and the remainder is the spacing between the door edge and the cup hole.

Do I have this correct?

Thank you very much for your help.

Chris Padilla
08-23-2006, 1:26 PM
Try it out on some scrap? :confused:

James Biddle
08-23-2006, 8:56 PM
I'm having a little trouble understanding the instructions for this hinge.

Face Frame cabinets, Full inset doors, 3/4" thick material.

Please tell me if this is correct or not; The magic number is 9mm (?). The gap between the door stile and the cabinet stile PLUS the distance from the edge of the door stile to the hinge cup hole must equal 9mm (?). Is this correct?

So, in other words, I determine my gap. Then I subtract that number from 9mm and the remainder is the spacing between the door edge and the cup hole.

Do I have this correct?

Thank you very much for your help.
Mark,
From what I understand, the 9mm is the mounting plate (#175H5030.21) offset used in conjunction with the ClipTop 120 for a framed, inset door application (#71T56x0). The total allowed distance from the reveal plus the bore (edge of door to edge of cup) distance is actually 7.5mm, given a reveal range from 1.5 to 4.5 mm. These numbers can be altereed by ordering a different mounting plate. On the other hand, I don't work for Blum, so...

Mark Rios
08-23-2006, 9:16 PM
Yeah, you're right. After trying to noodle through it a little more I see that the Magic number is 7.5mm, not 9mm. With that confirmation from you, thank you VERY much, I'll use Chris' advice and make up a dummy set-up and do the trial and error thing. Now I have a place to start though.

Thanks very much again.