PDA

View Full Version : How do you display your LaserBuzz products?

Ed Lang
08-23-2006, 7:31 AM
As everyone has said, if your product is laying flat, it will not sell good. I have now started to put my Wall Tributes on little stands and sales have picked up.

I would like to see a picture (or explain if you do not have pictures) of how you display your laser or other products at shows or markets you attend.

I am still trying to decide how best to display my products and all input is welcome. So far I have been using three tables placed so they make a U shape with the open (top of the U) facing the customers. I use a 10'x10' EZ-Up tent and have lots of space left over that I need to start using for product display.

ed

Barbara Buhse
08-23-2006, 12:57 PM
Ed,
I use a bi-fold door and hang lasered plaques and such from it, (I don't yet have lazerbuzz software), using long nails and making sure the louvres are facing up, the nails stay in and are easily moved and removed.
I also have a few acrylic easels which I stick in the slats and place items on them, and that way not everything is just flat to the door.
Best part is door stands up by itself and folds and travels easily when I'm done, just make sure nobody knocks it over.....

Barbara

Ray Mighells
08-23-2006, 2:20 PM
The bi-fold doors is a nice, and practical idea. I have been thinking of making a lazy susan type using 90 degee angle material to fasten 4 sheets of plywood or something (anything except peg board), each wall being 12 or 24" wide, and depending on how high you want to go. Make the base heavy enough to hold the unit down. You double your display space without increasing the footprint of the stand, and it should easily set up and knock down. I haven't built it yet, but if I'm able to get it together, 4 sections provides 8 walls for display. Anybody see a problem with the concept?

Ed Lang
08-23-2006, 2:24 PM
Ray,
I will have to post a picture of the display rack I build for the Dog ornaments from Laser Buzz. I used 4 12x24 1/8" birch sheets that I had cut for my laser and some 1/2" birch I also have. Then added a lazy susan ring and I have a nice stand that will rotate. Pictures to follow.

John Esberg
08-23-2006, 5:08 PM
Ed,

I have cut, stained, and assembled over 100 items in the past week or so, (I recently bought my software from Tom). I haven't put any out in flea markets yet. The crafts fairs around here are very much a closed off bit of territory sometimes. The race track is full of vendors. I guess I'll be going wholesale.

One interesting note to think on: Mall Kiosks. The big mall in my area wanted $18k just to open a booth. Another one wanted $1000 per month.

When I get some vendor action, I'll post up some info.

Till later,

DAK

Dennis Kotlowski
08-23-2006, 8:23 PM
Ed,

Here is part of my display for my outdoor shows.

Dennis

Gary Shoemake
08-23-2006, 11:51 PM
I use a carpet display wall, and velcro on the back of the plaques. I don't have a picture, but it works very well. I too have an easyup and hang a 4x6 foot frame with a short nap carpet from the framework and with 2 of these I get another 48 sq feet of display space. The carpet cost me about $12 and the frame another 8-10, the velcro I purchased at Loew's.

Hope this gives you some ideas.

Ed Lang
08-24-2006, 8:04 AM
Pictures are worth a thousand words to me. Dennis, what are the black wire frames you have attached to your EZup? What size and where can I get some. They would work super when I use the EZup and I can make a stand to hold them when I do not have the EZup. Got any other pictures of your booth?

IF anyone else has some pictures, please post or send a link to them so I can get a few more ideas.

Thanks everyone!

Ed

Some folks drink coffee to jump start the day.... I need pictures of your display to jump start my thinking about my booth.

Dave Jones
08-24-2006, 12:07 PM
You can get wire frame like that at Lowes for shelving. Clip 2 pieces together to make it wider and then another 2 pieces at a right angle to make it stand up better.

Leigh Costello
08-24-2006, 8:19 PM
Wow, why didn't I think of that! I have had good luck just showing folks what we can do, but hadn't given a thought to the craft fairs coming up. Hope y'all don't mind me borrowing some ideas. Now to find enough shoeboxes to file the finished pieces in.

Ed Lang
08-24-2006, 8:38 PM
Leigh,
I made some 1/4" baltic birch boxes to store my dog ornaments in. I also made dividers with the breeds on them so I can find them easy.

I am going to the show in Baltimore tomorrow but will take some pictures on Saturday and post so I can give back some ideas.

I also found that Lowes has clear storage boxes with blue tops that are great for the Wall Tributes and other stuff. They stack great too.

Leigh Costello
08-24-2006, 9:09 PM
Thanks Ed. Going to Lowe's tomorrow anyway. Good luck at your shows.
Leigh

Dennis Kotlowski
08-24-2006, 11:08 PM
Thanks Ed for the comments. At my full time job I have access to some retail fixtures. You can also find these on ebay. I have also thought of using peg board. I have attached another photo.

Dennis

William Capman
08-25-2006, 8:54 AM
If you have a store in your area that deals in new or used retail store displays, you can probably find used grid wall. I use 2 x 6 foot grid sections which are very versatile albeit a little heavy to haul around. I keep 17 panels in my trailer to accomodate most any booth sizes. 12 panels are make up into 4 foot sections, then I can add additiona panels as need to fit different booth configurations. Nylon cable ties tie everything together. The right angled corners will give stability but I also put my tables tight to the wall for added strength.

http://www.wachusettlasercrafts.com/images/Booth%20Picture-1.jpg

Bill
Wachusett Laser Crafts

Mike Null
08-25-2006, 12:00 PM
A little off the topic but maybe worth 2 cents.

As I look at the various displays pictured in posts on this site and others one thing seems to stand out as a common trait. What stands out is what's missing from too many. Signs, signs, signs.

I see beautiful and creative work with the lasers and cnc machines but precious little in the way of signs.

Having spent much of my life with large retailers or comsumer products manufacturers I learned early on that no display is finished until you put the sign on it. Us old timers were taught that a sign is a silent salesman.

Dennis Kotlowski
08-25-2006, 12:49 PM
Mike,

I have signs all over my booth. Everywhere you see the bright yellow paper are signs. I picked the yellow because it stands out. I used to lay them flat on the table but they seemed to get covered by product so I bought the card holders that stand up....this make the signs pop out.
Also, I was at Lowes today and they have 16"x6' grinds for $9.

Dennis
JD Laser Gifts

Dennis Kotlowski
08-25-2006, 12:54 PM
William,

Where did you find all the different plans for the dinasaur puzzles? I have only ever seen 1 on Epilogs website. Is their somewhere you can buy the plan. I am doing a toy festival next month and these would sell great.

Dennis

Dave Jones
08-25-2006, 6:30 PM
I don't know if this is what he used, but ...

http://www.foxchapelpublishing.com/productdetails.cfm?PC=1302

Mike Null
08-26-2006, 7:44 AM
Dennis:

I did a bad job of presenting my point. And by the way, it wasn't directed specifically at you, just a general comment which seemed to apply to the better part of the displays I see where ever.

But if you don't mind I'll take your booth to make my point. Yes you do have an abundance of signs and yes yellow is visible. But your laser engraver is capable of making attractive and professional looking signs which would enhance the appearance of your booth. Does paper really look professional when you compare it to the quality of the pieces you have for sale.

It's also possible that somebody make ask you to make signs if they see something they like.

Dennis Kotlowski
08-26-2006, 10:15 PM
Mike,

When I first started doing craft shows all my signs were made out of red alder sheets. They seemed to blend in too much with my product. My customers Were always asking "how much is this"? I even once had to stop somebody from taking on e of my signs. I don't know if they thought it was a business card (all my card are made of wood veneer) or what. I still have some wood signs but most of them are on card stock and since I have not been asked how much something is.

Dennis
JD Laser Gifts