PDA

View Full Version : Heartwood Lumber, Phoenix, AZ

Wayne R. Johnson
08-22-2006, 8:43 PM
I went over to buy some lumber from Lucas and found his shop was no longer there. Does anyone know what happened to Lucas and Heartwood Lumber?

Don Selke
08-22-2006, 10:59 PM
Wayne:

I don't exactly know where you are located but I read in the Republic last week that they moved into larger quarters some where in west Phoenix.
I do all my hardwood purchases from Lumber Products. They are in the south east valley.

Don Baer
08-22-2006, 11:22 PM
Don't know myself but I been using Chandler Hard woods.

Don Selke
08-23-2006, 12:44 AM
Hey Don:

I heard that they (Chandler Hardwoods) were sold and out of business, I guess the info was wrong. Do they sell rough lumber as I like to mill my own?

Don Baer
08-23-2006, 1:05 AM
Don,
They sold but the new owners are super people. The have a great inventory and all they sell is rough cut. They have increased their inventory and will custom mill mesquite. The new owner is John Powers, a heck of a nice guy. Stop buy and check em out, I might run into you there.

Steven Evans
08-23-2006, 12:47 PM
I am in Vegas but have family in the PHX area. I would like to know more about the supplier with rough lumber. Phone number and/or major cross streets.

Don Baer
08-23-2006, 1:06 PM
Steven,
There on Adam road just off of Queen Creek BLVD and east of McQueen.
If your going east on Queen Creek just after the entrance look for Adams it's a dirt road and kinda hard to see. There no sigh out from (the City of Chandler won't let em put one out there). There is an old bard building that says WOOD on it.

Here a link to their web page.

http://www.chandlerhardwoods.com/

Wayne R. Johnson
08-24-2006, 10:07 PM
I have tried to do searchs on the net since Lucas's web site is longer up either and came up with nothing. :( Lucas was a nice and friendly guy which I liked doing business with. I'll try a search AZCentral and see what I can come up with. Thanks for the info!

I'm in Tempe so I think I'll have to start to going to Lumber Products also.

Don Baer
08-24-2006, 10:16 PM
Wayne,
Don't discount Chandler Harwoods.

Bruce Page
08-24-2006, 10:21 PM
I sent Chandler Hardwoods an email 3-4 weeks ago asking for a quote on some 5/4 QSWO. Never heard back from them.

Don Baer
08-24-2006, 11:46 PM
Bruce,
they're kinda more down home folks not very much up on the internet. When I was there last saturday I believe that the QSWO was at $5.40 db.ft. It was in the area where I was getting some regular what oak @ 3.50 bd.ft. Give em a call. If you would like I'll stop but and re check the price for you..