PDA

View Full Version : Dungeon Tour......... the Video...

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
08-21-2006, 10:46 PM
Kind of a cross post here, I put the tour in the general section..........

Dungeon Tour (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?p=420679#post420679)

Enjoy.......... nearly 6 minutes of me boring you to death :D

Mark Cothren
08-22-2006, 12:43 AM
Very good, Stu! Enjoyed the tour! But where do you cook your grits? :D

08-22-2006, 12:58 AM
Very good, Stu! Enjoyed the tour! But where do you cook your grits? :D

What are these Grits again....... something to do with Moxie....? :eek:

George Conklin
08-22-2006, 11:30 AM
That was great, Stu. The Bat Cave. LOL. So, you need to crawl through that little hole in the wall to get to the other side?

Please keep the videos coming:)

08-22-2006, 11:37 AM
Yep, that is right, if you notice a steel handel above the hole, you grab that and putyour feet on the edge of the hole, then just sort of slide through..... :D

Cheers!

Mike Jory
08-22-2006, 11:45 AM
Stu, I enjoyed looking around. Made me feel a little like a voyure! One thing is clear, you must be incredibly creative with that space. How do you get your tools down there?

Gives me an idea. :cool: I'd like to see others post videos of their shops. Gives ideas on tool placement, storage ideas, etc. For my very small shop (spelled garage) I would do it :eek: if anyone was interested. I'd have to figure out You Tube!
Mike

08-22-2006, 12:08 PM
Sure Mike, I'd like to see it, YouTube is easy, just sign up, then you go to "My Account" and there is a place to upload you vids, simple.

Cheers!

Jason Christenson
08-22-2006, 4:26 PM
Stu, I enjoyed looking around. Made me feel a little like a voyure! One thing is clear, you must be incredibly creative with that space. How do you get your tools down there?

Gives me an idea. :cool: I'd like to see others post videos of their shops. Gives ideas on tool placement, storage ideas, etc. For my very small shop (spelled garage) I would do it :eek: if anyone was interested. I'd have to figure out You Tube!
Mike

I think that's a great idea. I just signed up on You Tube and am going to shoot my video ASAP. I would suggest that anyone who follows suit put "shop tour" in the tags to make it easy for all of us to find.

Tony Kent
08-23-2006, 2:32 AM
great video, it's nice to see where you do your work.
Amazing space that's for sure. I would love to see other folks work spaces as well as post mine however I am short a video cam. well I am short in a lot of things..lol Take care all and be safe doing your woodworking.

Mike Jory
08-23-2006, 10:17 AM
Stu, Everyone; Yup, I would really like to see others shop's. I also opened an account on YouTube, The tag line is a good idea.
But one problem... :( I hate technology. And that's coming form a guy who works in Broadcasting! I shot a non DV tape of my shop and got it into the computer. Problem is, the capture software is a bit older and makes a file that's not recognizable to an editor, or a way to convert it to Mpeg2 and upload. Oh Well... I'll keep at it.

Jim Becker
08-23-2006, 10:48 AM
YouTube is just one possibility for hosting videos, although it's probably the one that is in the spotlight right now. Google has now has a similar free service--in public beta, but now linked to on their main page in place of "Froogle".

Kurt Rosenzweig
08-24-2006, 2:04 PM
I'd make a video ,but that would mean I would have to clean the shop!:(

Bernie Weishapl
08-24-2006, 4:46 PM
Stu the tour was awesome. I like the hidden Bat cave. :p Thanks for sharing.

Robert Mickley
08-24-2006, 10:23 PM
I'd make a video ,but that would mean I would have to clean the shop!:(

I'm not cleaning the shop for nobody!!! :D :D :D

Probelm is some of us don't have anyway to get the videos onto the computer. I keep looking at hardware and software but keep spending the moey on ww stuff :D

Now if someone was to volunteer their services :D