PDA

View Full Version : New Router Table - Happy with Results

Andy Haney
08-21-2006, 10:13 PM
I used my new router home-built table tonight for the first time, and can report the DC aspects are everything I hoped for. When I was finished with the project I checked inside...not a speck of sawdust to be found, even in the corners. It will be easier to describe when I figure out how to post pics...and I'll do that soon (a promise to the POLICE). The top has a dust intake within the fence, and there is a "channel" designed to bring air through the front to "sweep" the bottom of the router compartment.

I had fun playing with making a piece of "furniture" out of the table, and learned some things about rescuing a poly finish as a result of some serious mistakes early on. I added lots of drawers for bits and associated tools, and made it mobile on two wheels (sort of like a wheelbarrow). I didn't "hinge" the doors, but made the "fronts" entirely removable by fixing magnets in the doors. I installed a Woodpeckers lift and a Hitachi M12V.

Pics coming, REALLY. I don't do photography and ask SWMBO to assist with that occasionally. I'll work with getting the pics taken and properly sized for the forum.

Andy

Jim Becker
08-22-2006, 9:13 AM
Sounds like a good design, Andy. 'Looking forward to the pictures!

Cliff Rohrabacher
08-22-2006, 10:24 AM
I used my new router home-built table tonight for the first time,

Way cool. That a really nice feeling when you make a tool that works as expected.

It will be easier to describe when I figure out how to post pics...and I'll do that soon (a promise to the POLICE). [...] Pics coming, REALLY. I don't do photography and ask SWMBO to assist with that occasionally. I'll work with getting the pics taken and properly sized for the forum.

Don't feel badly. I have never even made that promise (no digital camera). I have managed to stick to the back roads so the picture cops tend not to get me making my few gloats very stealthy.

scott spencer
08-22-2006, 12:32 PM
It looks great in my mind's eye! :D Keep up the good work.

;)

Andy Haney
08-22-2006, 9:52 PM
Got some pics taken this evening. Now I need to figure out how to get the pics posted. I believe the method is posted here (maybe Support Forum) and I can figure it out when SWMBO gets them downloaded and edited to the max size. Any definite guidance by PM concerning how to post pics would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Andy

Roy Wall
08-22-2006, 10:08 PM
Got some pics taken this evening. Now I need to figure out how to get the pics posted. I believe the method is posted here (maybe Support Forum) and I can figure it out when SWMBO gets them downloaded and edited to the max size. Any definite guidance by PM concerning how to post pics would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Andy

Andy.......looking forward to the pics!!

If you size the image to about 4x5 inches at 60 dpi you'll be good....

Keep the file at 105k or less and your good to go...