PDA

View Full Version : Darn, my mother was right.

Jeff Horton
08-21-2006, 9:07 PM
My mother always told me that if my head wasn't attached I would loose it. I think she was right! I kept loosing things all day in the shop. Then this afternoon I did a really stupid one.

My neck strap on my apron was itching my neck. I reached up to adjust it and forgot I was carrying a scrap block in my hand and now I probably have a black eye. My eye hurts and I feel so stupid. :o

Corey Hallagan
08-21-2006, 9:13 PM
He he hee... oh sorry, that's sucks. Don't know how many times I have done something similar.

Corey

Jim Becker
08-21-2006, 9:49 PM
It's one thing to get whacked by someone else...but... ;)

'Hope you feel better soon. Now...go borrow the LOYL's eye makeup! :D :D :D

Jeff Horton
08-21-2006, 9:55 PM
I know Jim. STUPID!! I was walking around with it in my hand talking to my wife and I guess I have been carrying around so long I just didn't hink about it being there when I raised up my hand.

And trust me, there is nothing SOFT about soft maple! :rolleyes:

Randal Stevenson
08-22-2006, 1:01 AM
At least it was a block and not a whitling stick!:D

Norman Hitt
08-22-2006, 1:23 AM
That's OK Jeff, 'cause we Definitely won't mention who the stupid idiot was that swung his hand across the front of his face one time to shoo away a very annoying fly, (all the while holding a freshly sharpened chisel in his hand). :rolleyes:

Dave Harker
08-22-2006, 1:49 AM
I'll be very careful not to mention the time I was swatting at a fly near my face and sent my glasses spinning to the floor...

Jason Roehl
08-22-2006, 7:13 AM
I'll be very careful not to mention the time I was swatting at a fly near my face and sent my glasses spinning to the floor...

I've NEVER done ANYTHING like THAT. Never. Not once. Nope. :cool:

Lloyd Brown
08-22-2006, 7:16 AM
"you won't be happy till someone looses an eye" that is what my mother would say. Now I understand that.
Did the wood have a warning lable? May be a law you have to wear a football helmet? Who can we sue? It has to be someone elses fault right?

Jeff Horton
08-22-2006, 8:24 AM
Great idea, let sue! If it had come with safety warnings and I was required to wear safety glasses in the house as well as the shop this would have never happened.

Jim Becker
08-22-2006, 9:00 AM
Oh Jeff....take heart...it didn't happen since there aren't any pictures. The pain and discoloration are only a dream... :D :D :D

Ken Salisbury
08-22-2006, 9:58 AM
Look at it on the bright side -- At least it wasn't a sharp stick.:) :D

glenn bradley
08-22-2006, 11:48 AM
I'm with Jason; I've NEVER done anything embarrassing like that . . . Oh the lies, the deception . . . :rolleyes:

Andy Fox
08-22-2006, 1:50 PM

I did that, and it was while mowing the lawn just as it was getting dark, and my glasses flew 6 ft into an adjacent unmowed meadow. I could barely see the lawn mower. My wife had to find the glasses for me. :o

Chip Olson
08-22-2006, 2:29 PM
The other day I got sawdust in my eye... from blowing the sawdust out of my safety glasses.

Alan DuBoff
08-22-2006, 2:57 PM
Jeff,

I won't tell anyone about your black eye, if you don't tell them about my messed up ankle, ok? :rolleyes:

Jeff Horton
08-22-2006, 6:20 PM
I guess confession is good for the soul judging by the responses. ;)

No black eye, just a small knot below my eye and small scab in my eyebrow. Pride might be bruised a little too. ;)

Chris Padilla
08-22-2006, 6:23 PM
Be careful around that knot...might get a lot of tear-out.... ;)

Brian Hale
08-22-2006, 6:55 PM
.........I was walking around with it in my hand talking to my wife...........

Are you telling me She saw you do it???? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Oh you poor man!!

I can just hear that story being told at the next Thanksgiving dinner :rolleyes:

Brian :)

Randy Moore
08-22-2006, 6:57 PM

I won't say that I did it three (3) times today at work.:eek:

Felt like an idiot 'cause someone saw me do it everytime.