PDA

View Full Version : New to Group

Bryan Nuss
10-04-2003, 1:58 PM
Hello all,

Thought I should introduce myself to the group, having just joined.

I'm a Civil Engineer from Moncton, New Brunswick in Canada and just finishing an assignment in Marcus Hook, PA. I'll be heading home in mid-December.

Being in construction management for 30-some years, I've moved all over Canada and have been in the USA the past 3 years. I'll be glad to get back to my house and shop (ie. garage) at last. I plan to semi-retire and spend a couple months working on the house, then on fixing up my shop!

I have a 1956 Shopsmith inherited from my father, with a SS bandsaw and an SS jigsaw (and maybe an SS jointer if I click on e-bay tomorrow). I just bought a Bosch combo router and MLCS bits. I'm looking forward to using it. I've never used a router before.

I'm looking forward to participating with this group. It appears to be an active and good one!

Bryan Nuss

Jim Becker
10-04-2003, 2:54 PM
Welcome aboard, Bryan. This is a great place to hang out!

Howard Barlow
10-04-2003, 3:10 PM
Hey Bryan! Welcome to the Creek.

Can't wait to fly north for the winter, huh? :D

I've been here and there, but never "there" there. I would like to visit Canada sometime. My friends have been a time or two and love it. They took a train ride last year. Sam said they saw stuff roads won't get you to. I guess that's a no brainer.

Anywho, glad you're here.

Carl Eyman
10-04-2003, 4:32 PM
Glad you have joined us and look forward to your postings. Carl

Ted Shrader
10-04-2003, 5:24 PM
Bryan -

Welcome to the Creek. Pull up a log and dangle your feet for a while.

Welcome aboard,
Ted

Kevin Gerstenecker
10-04-2003, 6:05 PM
WELCOME aboard Bryan! Good to have you join us. This is a great Forum and the folks who frequent here are some of the best you will find. Lot's of good information and experience to be had as well. Don't hesitate to visit often, help is always just a click away! :D

Glenn Clabo
10-04-2003, 6:45 PM
Welcome Bryan,
Nice to hear you're back home. I'm married to a Canadian and she looks forward to getting back home, the people, and Tims.

Next time we make the trip to the family cottage in Pugwash, NS...we'll wave.

Steve Clardy
10-04-2003, 6:50 PM
Welcome, Welcome to the creek.
Steve

Tony Falotico
10-04-2003, 8:42 PM
Welcome from a fellow Civil Engineer. Great group of folks around the creek, Glad you stopped by.

Bryan Nuss
10-04-2003, 8:47 PM
Welcome Bryan,
Nice to hear you're back home. I'm married to a Canadian and she looks forward to getting back home, the people, and Tims.

Next time we make the trip to the family cottage in Pugwash, NS...we'll wave.

Glenn,

You have to drive right by Moncton on your way to Pugwash. Drop in if you have time. We always have the coffee on (or we can get some ay Tims ... it's the best!).

Regards, Bryan

Todd Burch
10-04-2003, 9:05 PM
Another Canadian, eh?! Good for you! Jump right in! The "creek" might be cooling off this time of year, but this forum is still hot, hot, hot!!

Todd.

Jim Shaver, Oakville Ont
10-05-2003, 11:21 PM
Always great to have more Candians here..

I attended UNB from 77-80, I love NB!

Take care,
Jim

Bryan Nuss
10-06-2003, 11:00 AM
Always great to have more Candians here..

I attended UNB from 77-80, I love NB!

Take care,
Jim

Thanks, Jim. I went to UNB back in '64-67 (didn't do too well), worked for 13 years, then went back to Nova Scotia Tech / TUNS, graduating in '82.

Good to see there are a few fellow Canadians in the group. Anybody know of any good hardwood / sawmill sources in New Brunswick?

Bryan in Bear, Delaware (short timing it)