PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly Riser Block

Lou Morrissette
08-21-2006, 10:40 AM
I have a Ridgid BS1400. Can anyone tell me if the Grizzly riser H7316 fits on this band saw?
TIA

Lou

Julio Navarro
08-21-2006, 11:12 AM
I have the same ridgid BS and I installed the Grizzly riser block, fits like a glove except its green:D

But yes, it fits perfectly and it comes wiht the blade guard and blade shield. I think it even comes with a blade.

How do you like your Ridgid BS? I had to balance the wheels something awful and it still has a bit of a wabble. But all in all I am very pleased with it.

PS a word of advice; get the Timberwolf blades, great blades. I think they might even still have their special offer of buy two get one free. All you do is tell them what you plan to do and they will tell you which blade to get.

Lou Morrissette
08-21-2006, 3:45 PM
Julio,

I have the older gray BS1400 made by Emerson and I love it. No problems at all. I'm having problems finding a Ridgid riser and saw the one at Griz. Thats why I asked.
I've been running Timberwolf blades for about 11/2 years now and the're great. Unfortunately, I have 4 brand new 93 1/2" in various sizes that I wont be able to use when I buy the riser.:( I'm sure someone will take them off my hands for a bargain price.
Thanks for the info.

Lou

Julio Navarro
08-21-2006, 4:39 PM
Lou:

How different than the new BS1400 do you think yours is?

If they are relatively the same they should fit, dont you think?

Even if you ordered the riser and it didnt fit I am sure you can resell it easily.

Good luck

Lou Morrissette
08-21-2006, 8:21 PM
Julio,

I think the only difference is in the color.

Lou