PDA

View Full Version : Finally! It's done!

Tim Brooks
08-20-2006, 10:12 PM
I thought this day would never come. Between transitioning at work and working many additional hours because of that transition, I finally was able to put some quality time in getting this bookshelf finished this weekend. Painting is not my forte. I've also learned that every bug in the South Carolina region is attracted to paint--usually just as it gets tacky. Anyway, here are my pictures. Of course there are many things that I would do differently looking back now. I learned a great deal though and I think that is key to doing anything. :cool: ;)

Lars Thomas
08-20-2006, 10:15 PM
Great looking book shelf. Great detail on the windows. Lars

Mark Rios
08-20-2006, 10:54 PM
Yes I agree, great detail on the trim there Tim. Very fancy for a bookshelf. Great job.

And it must be like a real house. Looks like a dog has already peed in the front yard. :D :D :D

Bob Reda
08-20-2006, 11:15 PM
Nice looking project

Corey Hallagan
08-20-2006, 11:15 PM
Great looking bookshelf! The window and door details add alot!

corey

Jim Becker
08-21-2006, 9:32 AM
I best not show this to my girls...or their ten-billion Barbies. :)

Nice job!

Bob Childress
08-21-2006, 9:48 AM
I remember when you started that project. Looks like oyu got all the angles figured okay. Great result, the recipient will be thrilled.:)

Where in SC are you? Low Country bugs are the worst.:p

Tim Brooks
08-21-2006, 9:27 PM
I remember when you started that project. Looks like oyu got all the angles figured okay. Great result, the recipient will be thrilled.:)

Where in SC are you? Low Country bugs are the worst.:p

I must thank all of you who steered me in the right direction on the angle questions I had. After all of the concern about the angles, I still ended up making a bone-headed mistake. I went to make my final cuts to cut the roof pieces to length and lamebrain here cut the wrong ends of the pieces. I had to start all over on the top pieces anyway! I marked it up to another learning experience.

And you got it! I'm in the lowcountry. The home of the state birds--the Mosquitoes and sand gnats!

William Lewis
08-26-2006, 9:20 AM
That is really neat. Can you tell us the deminsion and type of materials used? I have a granddaughter that would just love that.
Thanks
William Lewis

Byron Trantham
08-26-2006, 9:22 AM
Nice job. Very creative. Yea, painting is a pain the....:mad:

Al Willits
08-26-2006, 10:31 AM
Just a thought, when I'd paint smaller bike/car parts for people and I needed to let then sit for awhile to set, I had a frame made out of 1/2" square tubing that I taped clear vinyl to (think 2'x2'x3' high box) leaving the bottom open.
I'd set that over the project when done.

It'd keep the mosquitoes off anyway..:)

Al

Rick Young
02-12-2007, 9:37 AM
That is really neat. Can you tell us the deminsion and type of materials used? I have a granddaughter that would just love that.
Thanks
William Lewis
I, too, am in position same as Mr. Lewis. What, please, are height at shoulder and peak, and angle at shoulder and peak? Thank you much.